Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Must stop buying tanks

More
27 May 2016 03:20 #1 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Some please help me lol,

Well this week i have bought myself a 3ft 450 liter clear-seal marine tank that is full of inhabitants. Moved fish and coral today and moving tank on Saturday as ill have a trailer to move it the 200m from the house its currently in to mine.

Im sorry i haven't posted up photos from my last one but i will, don't worry, even if its just of the finished build.

If anyone would be interested in buying an Fluval M90 tank gimme a pm, think i wont be allowed to keep any more than 2 tanks in my sitting room. 8ft of tanks should be enough lol.

Currently going through all the fish and corals i just got, might pop a few things on the for sale forums soon. I have a good few frags of multiple differnt things thank have come so ill post pics of things once they settle into tank.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2016 06:39 #2 by Lakes1985 (David Ward)
Jaysus Im lucky to have the 1 tank, fair play. Get some pics up soon ☺ I would be defo interested in some corals and maybe even livestock so let me know what you have bud

More
27 May 2016 07:05 #3 by robert (robert carter)
fishkeeping is like a drug ,you just cant get enough of it , I started with one 100 litre tank 17 months ago now have two 350 litre in the front room ,a shrimp tank on the office table and a 50 litre trying to breed my koi angels in the bedroom ,and always thinking where can I put another tank

More
27 May 2016 09:23 #4 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
It really is like a drug I have 2 Betta trios on the kitchen counter snuck s little 20 litre beside them for breeding have a tank in the sitting room and a tank in the hall and a little 25 litre beside that for the killies and working on getting a tank for the kids room.

And to small empty tanks in trying to find Space for lol

My tactic with the wife is to not say anything about new tanks put them in place while she is at work then when she comes home and questions it(runs a muck) I then reply it's filled and all now to much hassle to move it.

:crazy:

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
27 May 2016 13:13 #5 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
There's a rule in fishkeeping...

Thou Shalt Always Have Two Fewer Tanks Than Thou Shalt Want To Fulfill Thy Planned Projects.

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
27 May 2016 15:57 #6 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)

There's a rule in fishkeeping...

Thou Shalt Always Have Two Fewer Tanks Than Thou Shalt Want To Fulfill Thy Planned Projects.

LOL
started with 1 x 30L and 6 month later i had 12 ranging from 30 to 450L
Then i flooded the 8th floor! :crazy:

More
27 May 2016 18:21 #7 by robert (robert carter)
flooding floors does not help your chances of getting more tanks

More
31 May 2016 14:14 #8 by Bohrio (Alex Rodriguez)
lol

I have been there, until the missus said no more tanks and we agreed that I was to downsize (in numbers) from 6 tanks to 1 big one). Took over 4 years but I finally got there.

It is addictive

More
02 Jun 2016 01:15 #9 by Sukahn (Shane Doorley)
Due to my sitting room still being a complete mess i havent got any photos yet for you guys. Just finished cleaning the tank down, next onto cleaning skimmers and reactors pumps etc that came with. Thinking of putting the skimmer i got on my 5ft and moving the other one into this but not sure yet.

Other than that, stocking for this tank is going to be something like, powder blue, Orange Naso, and either a yellow tang or a brown tang. Thinking of putting in a blue throat trigger as well. Then on top of them just a cleaner wrasse, a yellow wrasse and thats about it.

Still havent gotten to get all my frags sorted and glued in the big tank, lost 4 of my 6 heads on one of my frogspawns due to it falling when i glued it in and damaging the heads.

My sun corals are finally starting to come out in the evening time which is quite nice to see, my acro's are doing well in the tank.

Looking forward to this weekend as its a bank holiday, might give me enough time to do a good few bits and peices to the tanks.

More
02 Jun 2016 06:52 #10 by Lakes1985 (David Ward)
Looking forward to seeing pics

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds