Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Wavebox question

More
24 Jan 2009 22:37 #1 by stevoxxx (stephen markey)
Hi guys,

Thinking about one of the Tunze waveboxes.
Anyone got one or used one,what do you think?
How do they work out with weir boxes.

Stevo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2009 09:41 #2 by Stevor (Stephen Ryan)
The tunze wavebox is well worth the money. I have one on my reef tank 3 years , its works ! Brillant build quality and very realistic water movement.

You need a well built tank and stand because of the back and forth wave preasure.
I have 2 corner weirs on my tank + my return is not too powerful which keeps down the slurping noise.
A photo sensor comes with the unit so you can have it working only during the day.

Any questions please ask

Stevo

More
27 Jan 2009 23:22 #3 by stevoxxx (stephen markey)
Thanks for the info Stevo.
I was just wondering how they work out with the weir boxes does the wave sloch up over them and if so by how much, my new tank is 9ft long its a fair length for a wave to build up speed and height so I,m a bit concerned that it might end up splashing over the end of the tank and I,m also not sure how the tank would hold up to this over time.

Stevoxxx

More
28 Jan 2009 20:47 - 28 Jan 2009 20:47 #4 by Stevor (Stephen Ryan)
My tank is 6ft and the wave box produces about a 1" wave. Don't know home much of a wave you would get in a 9ft tank , you may need a second wavebox to push the water back. You can adjust the wave height very easily with the controls. The controls are amazing to use - You also of a wave timer , this is a small dial you turn to get the correct harmonic frequency to produce a wave. When you start up the wave box nothing much happens , but as you turn the dial you will reach a point where a wave is produced and the whole tank starts rocking back and forth. Its like you where lifting the tank and rocking it back on forth like a basin of water. There is nothing to beat it for water movement as all the water in the tank is moving. The depth of the tank may also effect wave height . How deep is your tank ? . 9ft is a dream tank best of luck with it.

Stevo
Last edit: 28 Jan 2009 20:47 by Stevor (Stephen Ryan).

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds