Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

stocking ???

More
12 Jun 2011 11:07 #1 by jakepitbull (john)
I've got 6 60 liter tanks, just looking for ideas on stocking them.
they have got heaters and basic filters.(filters can be changed if needed)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2011 11:42 - 12 Jun 2011 11:45 #2 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
With 6 of them you have lots of options, however remember you can only stock to suit the 60 litres regardless of what u put into it..
If it was me, Id go with different themes on each one, eg South American,Asian,some shellies, etc.
Perhaps try planting one of them.
You just have a blank canves to work off! Given they are 60 litres, you might wanna limited certain fish that wouldnt be suitable in a tank that size,many fish grow far too big for 60 litres and as a result Id cross them off the list immediately if you dont plan on rehousing them in time etc..
Id go for a mix of different themes. You could also use one as a breeding project perhaps, maybe a shrimp only tank as well perhaps, some puffers in another tank maybe...the list goes on.
What were u thinking of yourself ?(Ps: I think we are all jealous of you having 6 empty tanks now!!).
Get a few opinions off people and see what you think. After that go with what you want to have.
I have my ideas but not everyone is the same. Im interested in this though,as most on here will know Im a keen fan of smaller fish so the 60 litre tanks would be of interest to me in terms of what you stock them with.
If you want some smaller fish suggestions let me know as they are the fish that interest me most.
Ooooh Im jealous of ya having 6 of them tanks ready to stock!! I really like smaller fish so those tanks would be perfect!!

What are you thinking of putting into them so far?
Gavin
Last edit: 12 Jun 2011 11:45 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner).

More
12 Jun 2011 12:15 #3 by jakepitbull (john)
Replied by jakepitbull (john) on topic Re: stocking ???
thanks for the reply fishowner. i also have an 120 liter (90cm x 40 x30) to stock.
for the 120 i was thinking small africans ?
for the 60's 1 quarintine bare glass tank
2 planted tank with galaxy rasporas(any ideas for tankmates)
3 planted shrimp tank
4 shellies(what type) ??
i like to hear your ideas for the other tanks !!

More
12 Jun 2011 17:37 #4 by fishhead88 (Aaron)
Replied by fishhead88 (Aaron) on topic Re: stocking ???
if ur making one planted id go with tertas. the would like deadly in my opinion and there is so many out there to pick from..

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds