Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Back round removal possible>? Please Help.!

More
10 May 2015 11:24 #1 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
Hello everyone,

In the coming weeks im looking to do an upgrade from a 260ltr to a 'little' 400ltr ;) Wallet monster approved..!
so the problem i have is after a while of searching ive found a beauty at not a bad price, theres 2 things that id love info on...

The make is Ocean Free- and im not to sure ive heard of this make before, but after calling to the seller house only yesterday the tank looks solid, 12mm glass open top curved sides which i like and matching cabinet below. Does anybody know much about this brand and how reliable they are>?

Also, The seller has Glued a rock effect backround to the tank and when asked if it could be removed he said it was '' stuck on with a glue that's designed for an under water installation, stronger than Tec 7 even''
yes i could probably live with the backround but, I know, myself, ill get bored and just love to go classic black like my other tanks...

Any help, suggestions, would be greatly appreciated as im sure the tank will not be around for long,

Stephen.

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2015 13:11 #2 by MarkTipp (Mark Ryan)
You can use a straight edge razor blade. Go slowly and work in small sections. It will take awhile.

You will need to be patient to ensure you do not scrape the glass!

If outside the aquarium, rubbing alcohol will remove any stubborn glue to save time.

Hope this helps!

More
10 May 2015 14:59 #3 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Stanley blade is the only way
You will shout at it, curse at it, burst open your knuckles on it and threaten it with being f $/&ed out the back door
But then you will be finished and realise it's not that bad a job

(Only took me 2 weeks removing the mess that was left behind last time I pulled out a backround like that)

More
10 May 2015 22:27 #4 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
Grand, Thanks very much for the replys, I'll give that a go, if i get this tank, On another note does anyone or has anyone heard of this brand, like i said above, i went and looked at the tank it feels and looks solid, Just been with Juwel and fluval all my life so a little unsure..

Stephen.

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds