Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Escargot snai shells

More
13 Apr 2018 16:32 #1 by robert (robert carter)
Hi all , i am looking for about 40 escargot snail shells to start up a shelly tank , have tried on line and can fine any. Just wondering would anyone have any for sale . Thanks Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2018 18:29 #2 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic Escargot snai shells
I use to get them online from France but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the site.... I'll have a look later and see can I find out who they were.

Or if you can make it to santry I have about 30 there you can have for nothing?

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
19 Apr 2018 06:49 #3 by robert (robert carter)
Hi G
er ,thanks foryourvery kind offer ,but i did manage to get some shells they are not escargot shell but small conch like sea shell from a local guy who uses them in his shelly tanks . I am hoping to add the fish today or tomorrow once i check the ph of the tank which i understand needs tobe around 8

More
19 Apr 2018 06:54 #4 by Aldrin (Aldrin Martin)
hi Robert just out of curiosity, where u getting the cichlids?

More
25 Apr 2018 09:41 #5 by ger310 (Ger .)

More
25 Apr 2018 09:43 #6 by ger310 (Ger .)
They are now bssed in england aswell

Ger

More
30 Apr 2018 20:47 #7 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Aldrin , i got Gavin in Newlands to order the for me , i looked for 15 but only 11 came in , i cant believe how incredable these small fish , they settled in very well and have dug holes and built mountains in the sand , very entertaining fish to watch . Hopefully we hav a mix of males and females so they might breed in the future . I believe they were very popular inthe hobby years ago but not now .

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds