Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Ornaments

• FreakyFish (FreakyFish)
  • FreakyFish (FreakyFish)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Nov 2006 18:07 #1 by FreakyFish (FreakyFish)
Ornaments was created by FreakyFish (FreakyFish)
Does anyone know of somewhere to buy some nice ornaments, shop/net. Alot of what I have seen are really tacky and over priced :roll:. I am looking for some nice rocks a castle and maybe even a ship.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• alan_co9 (alan_co9)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Nov 2006 19:24 #2 by alan_co9 (alan_co9)
Replied by alan_co9 (alan_co9) on topic Re: Ornaments
Try this www.petshoponline.ie/customer/home.php?cat=684 I haven't got anything from them myself but my friend says there ok.

More
26 Nov 2006 19:32 #3 by Deeco (Deeco)
Replied by Deeco (Deeco) on topic Re: Ornaments
the best place there is is ebay new or second hand uk prices are usually cheaper aswell you will see good selection type aquarium ornaments or fish tank ornamnets accesories and see what comes up

You know yourself

More
26 Nov 2006 19:39 #4 by Deeco (Deeco)
Replied by Deeco (Deeco) on topic Re: Ornaments

You know yourself

• FreakyFish (FreakyFish)
  • FreakyFish (FreakyFish)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Nov 2006 04:45 #5 by FreakyFish (FreakyFish)
Replied by FreakyFish (FreakyFish) on topic Re: Ornaments
Thanks!!

I have not set up a eBay account yet, I will have to set one up soon. Are the shipping prices expensive from the UK?

Alan, You mentioned www.petshoponline.ie/ . I actually use them quite a bit and find there service great, the main guy I deal with is Frank. They also give 10% discount to all ITFS members. :D

• alan_co9 (alan_co9)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Nov 2006 06:14 #6 by alan_co9 (alan_co9)
10% discount cool. I never saw that. I might get some stuff of them. Thanks.

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Nov 2006 07:04 #7 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re: Ornaments
Hi Alan,
plenty of it on ebay.de and a lot of sellers will ship to Ireland. If you need a translation or how much shipping is let me know.
Have a look at this link cgi.ebay.de/Aquarium-Deko-SCHLOss-HARRY-...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

If you want to spend that kind of cash. Not my cup of tea but I'm not argueing with peoples' taste
holger

• alan_co9 (alan_co9)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Nov 2006 13:17 #8 by alan_co9 (alan_co9)
Thanks for the link but,

Die von Ihnen gewünschte Seite kann nicht aufgerufen werden.
Bitte wählen Sie unter den folgenden Optionen aus:
Aktualisieren Sie Ihren Browser.
Gehen Sie, anstatt ein Lesezeichen zu verwenden, direkt zur eBay-Startseite.
Versuchen Sie es in ein paar Minuten noch einmal.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds