Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

axolotl tank

More
08 Sep 2009 22:46 #1 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
hia here is a picture of my axolotl axel he is a juvenile still a few months old he is living in a 16lt tank at mo . i have a 4ft tank for him its been set up soon , waiting on filters to arrive . i will post up new photos of new tank .

AXEL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2009 22:48 #2 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
i cant seem to post up pictures as there to big can anyone give advice on this cheers trish

More
08 Sep 2009 23:08 #3 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
i will get picture up soon i hope

anyway is there other people here who have axolotl's , sol ja boy do you still hve yours ????????. if so any advice

i would like to put plants in his new tank , i think it's a he .
i tryed to look for info on plants with axolotl's can't find much .
has anyone experiences with this .
if so please let me know

i am going to use two filters in new tank
air internal biofilter 300lhh
external waterfall 300l/h

hoping these will keep tank clean not sure if waterfall will be to much .

cheers
trish

More
09 Sep 2009 10:14 #4 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
funkychic wrote:

i cant seem to post up pictures as thereHi trish to big can anyone give advice on this cheers trish

hi trish did you use photobucket? Can you create an account and when you add pictures there you can post the link here

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
10 Sep 2009 00:00 #5 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
good idea ian cheers i will do that

More
10 Sep 2009 19:42 #6 by karlo (karlo kennedy)
hey funky chick ya i still have mine the only tips i can give is have a filter that has slow flowing as the hate fast moving water ill take some pics tomor for ya and show you how they look
all the best with them
karlo kennedy (sol ja bhoy)

More
12 Sep 2009 21:22 #7 by funkychic (trish coughlan)
ok thanks . nice one about pictures

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds