Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

livestock in fishantics

More
30 Jan 2009 15:51 #1 by lampeye (lampeye)
i was out in fishantics yesterday and to sum it up in one word...WOW. i dont think ive ever seen a healthier, happier stock of fish, i was out there to pick up a flame angel i'd ordered. not one sick fish in the whole shop.
the flame angels had best colours/markings and finnage i'd ever seen (ive had my eye on flames for a while), nice and plump, and very outgoing. mine is in qt at the moment but was eating flake straight away this morn and is all over the qt tank (not hiding in a cave), very inquisitive and graceful...seems quite an intelligent fish. as you can see im kind of in love with this fish!!!!
anyway some of the other fish that caught my eye were 2 large lipstick tangs...amazing eyes, some fork tail blennys, sand sifting gobies, lovely mandarins, tons of shrimp, tons of chromis, longnose hawkfish, it was practically a wet dream!!

credit where credits due....fantastic

lampeye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2009 23:41 #2 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Congratulations Fran. You finally broke open your piggy bank and got your flame angel.
Do you want a few more mushrooms for your tank.:laugh:

More
31 Jan 2009 10:40 #3 by lampeye (lampeye)
yeah 130 quid aint cheap platty....at the end of the month too so had to stick him on the credit card!!
worth every penny though.

lampeye

More
14 Feb 2009 19:10 #4 by lampeye (lampeye)

lampeye

More
14 Feb 2009 19:12 #5 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
Did you take the photo yourself Lampeye? :)

LB

More
14 Feb 2009 19:20 #6 by lampeye (lampeye)
yeah just a few minutes ago.
i cut the qt period short as he seemed kinda bored in there! they are grazers and like to pick at small featherdusters and algae, which there was none of in the bare qt tank, so i weighed up the risk and added him last night. the female clown had a bit of a go at him when he went to close to their home but little or no agression since.

lampeye

More
14 Feb 2009 22:34 #7 by Zoom (Zoom)
Fabulous photo lampeye, looks smashing.

Have to echo everything you said was out there last week.

Good luck with the new addition :)

• Loggser (Loggser)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Feb 2009 19:28 #8 by Loggser (Loggser)
Replied by Loggser (Loggser) on topic Re:livestock in fishantics
lampeye wrote:

Thats a lovely looking fish ;)

More
15 Feb 2009 19:32 - 15 Feb 2009 19:32 #9 by lampeye (lampeye)
cheers dudes!

lampeye
Last edit: 15 Feb 2009 19:32 by lampeye (lampeye).

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds