Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

ebay link for lighting

More
14 Apr 2007 12:24 #1 by zig (zig)
Good link for lighting, have picked up 2 overtank 60cm 3x24W T5 luminaires for less than €70 each inc postage costs in the last few months, just bide your time and watch the auctions for a while to get an idea of current pricing on the unit you are interested in, I waited 3 weeks on the second unit, got the first unit first go, auctions from this seller end every week usually on a saturday or sunday evening and then start over again, overall im happy with the purchases, cant go far wrong for the money I paid, obviously you may pay a lot more but worth a try anyway. Currently want to buy a 80cm 4x24W T5 unit these seem to go for about £50-60 or so at auction still not a bad price IMO, but in no hurry to buy so may get it cheaper yet :)

stores.ebay.co.uk/EQJ-Trading-LTD

latest auction just finished on the 80cm T5 unit, winning bid was £56 or €82 add €25 for postage.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2007 14:58 #2 by Mr Algae (mralgae mralgae)
hi zig, used this place my self to get the uv filter for next to nothing on the bidding. the delivery was so quick i thought it was sent from next door :D excellent service from them.

May your fish be with you:

More
19 Apr 2007 11:42 #3 by Mr Algae (mralgae mralgae)
WARNING

be careful of this Co. for the moment. i have a problem with the uv filter and they dont want to know about sorting the problem out.
will let you know what happens

More
20 Apr 2007 15:20 #4 by brians947 (brians947)
I would touch them. Bought powwer head of them and it's like having a jumbo flying in your room all day long. They have got very bad press on other forums. Anyway they seem to have stopped trading. You want a good light look up german web sites. Metal halide 190 euro. Aqua medic ocean light 150. For 350 you can get the plus vesion with t5 tubes.

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Apr 2007 16:09 #5 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re: ebay link for lighting
Try this link stores.ebay.de/Aquaristik-Direkt. They seem to offer the same lightning units but cheaper and their customer service is very good. Bought my lightning unit for the 2m tank and it arrived in bits because their courier service made sh*te out of it. I sent them a mail with two or three pictures and they replaced it, no questions asked. Make sure you go for insured shipping for 35€ and if you need it order more than one item since shipping rates won't change

More
21 Apr 2007 01:47 #6 by Mr Algae (mralgae mralgae)
would have a look if i could read german, :lol:

still having a battle with them at the moment. they telling me that nothing wrong with the uv unit and that the swich in it has no function? work that out if you can :shock:

the uv light is flickering when you move it in the plug connection so obviously a loose connection some where.

will keep you posted.

More
21 Apr 2007 05:37 #7 by zig (zig)
Interesting, I havent heard any negative reports on the forums I visit and a lot of planted folk especially in the UK have purchased T5 lighting units from these guys, the legs arrived broken on one of my units and they changed them no problem, just sent them a pic of the broken piece and they sent a replacement.

Anyway hope you get your problem sorted mr algae

Holger that link does not seem to work but googled them anyway and found them on ebay, will probably buy the unit im interested in from these guys instead, thanks for the link.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Apr 2007 10:25 #8 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Zig,

no problem. I bought the 180cm unit for my tank. If you are not in any rush try to bid for the units much cheaper.

@anybody else,
if you need a translation or want me to have a look for an iten on ebay.de sent me a pm. And don't be shy about it either

Holger

More
21 Apr 2007 11:26 #9 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Holger I tried that link and got: Dieser Shop existiert leider nicht.

which I think translates to: This Shop does not exist unfortunately.

Daragh

• Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Apr 2007 15:57 #10 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
@ Daragh
very strange. If I click on the link I get the same answer, however, if I type it in the search bar it works...
Try this link: cgi.ebay.de/T5-2x28W-Haenge-o-Staender-L...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That's one of the lightning T5 bars they have on auction. Or just go into www.ebay.de and go on kaufen (buy) and type in t5 then go to Fische (fish). It will bring up a whole list of their stuff.

More
21 Apr 2007 16:36 #11 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Thanx Holgar. I bid on a light, if I win I may need help with the translation :-)

Cheers

Daragh

• Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Apr 2007 01:12 #12 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Hi Daragh,
no probs. The checkout is also in English, I think. But if you are stuck somewhere don't be shy :D I bought a filter of them as well and they do combine shipping. 35€ insured. Just a thought...

Holger

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds