Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hang on back skimmer

More
19 Dec 2012 10:13 #1 by darren_147 (Darren)
Hi guys.
I'm in the market for a hang on the back skimmer for my tank. The tank is 200ltrs and does not have a sump, hence the reason for a hang on back skimmer.
After reading various reviews I am lost. While performance is most important, because of where the tank is situated I would like it to be as quiet as possible.
Can any body suggest a skimmer that fits the description

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2013 01:10 #2 by Fin Tastic (Denis Dave)
have a look at the Tmc v2 range, the v2 400 is quite reasonably priced and will do the job no bother! biggest downside is having to deal with an ugly supply pump in the display and even worse the potential of thousand of micro bubbles littering the water. if you have chambers at the back of the tank this is doable as it will hide the pump and the bubbles can be removed via a filter sock or poly filter before being returned to the main display. Another option is the Reef octopus Bh-100 hang on the back skimmer. smaller supply pump and they have dealt with the bubble problem! little bit more pricey but not by much!

More
06 Mar 2013 13:55 #3 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Having not used 1 myself I can't comment on its effectiveness
However check out the red sea air lift 60
I know 1 fella that has 1 and he seems happy enough with it!

I know it didn't cost a lot aswell

More
06 Mar 2013 15:40 #4 by CrustyCrab (Peter Biddulph)
I have used some TMC V2 skimmers, the noise would deafen you.
Have a look at the Bubble Magnus NAC 5E. Well priced and a good skimmer

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds