Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Aquaray 500 led's (problem)

More
10 Mar 2013 22:14 #1 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Hey folks can anyone help me out here so i bought the above about 3 mts ago or less and just their tonight one of them has blown (as they come in two's) both are connected to the one power box ??

any other day i would just ring the supplier (shop) but they closed about 2 wks. ago so their go's my guarantee ????

any idea what i could do / or what has happened

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2013 22:18 #2 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Guarantee is manufacturer based, not shop based! Have you proof of purchase?
Contact manufacturer and ask their advice

More
10 Mar 2013 22:33 #3 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Thanks hammie, yes i have proof of purchase was half thinking that myself just to ring the manufacturer but wasn't sure if they would sort me out, worth a shot i suppose

anyone any idea why this could happen thou, there suppose to last 10 yrs ??

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

More
10 Mar 2013 22:37 #4 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
you actually need the proof of date of purchase so credit card or shop receipt and email the company that manufactured the lights Jeff even if you don't have the above receipt the bar code will tell the company the date of manufacture let us know how it goes? could you not get in touch with the owner of the shop and ask them?
jim

More
10 Mar 2013 22:52 #5 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
howye jim, i have the original box and stuff and the receipt from shop, just hoping now that their not in america or somewhere on the other side of the world haha, il have a google now and see where in the world they are

not sure of the past owners personal phone number, he was a sponsor on here

MODS is it ok if i name the past shop and sponsor to see if anyone has his mobile and maybe they can pm it to me,
i haven't got a bad word to say about shop so im thinking it should be ok but il wait for approval

More
10 Mar 2013 23:03 #6 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
I'm sure it would be ok to name as we all know which sponsor on here was closed down in the past couple of weeks and if i remember right they said that they were going into the research end of things so i'd imagine that they still have some sort of business going therefor it should be possible to contact them if your pointed in the right direction.
jim

More
10 Mar 2013 23:15 #7 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
very true jim im sure everyone knows where im on about and the fact i only live 10mins away from them too

so if any one has S....'s contact number if they could pm it to me id much appreciate it before i hunt down the aquaray team, cause it would be good to hear S....'s advice on the matter first

cheers jim

More
11 Mar 2013 13:23 #8 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
What a service, i got TMC's number today the one in London rang up and within 30 seconds i was talking to a guy called Gyles Westcott Business Development & Export Manager AquaRay Lighting seconds later he has the problem solved it was the power box, he sez give me your email address and il forward a email asking my address so he can send a new one straight over to me so i will have it in the next 2 or 3 days.

Now thats what i call a great service so a big thanks very much to TMC what a service

More
11 Mar 2013 20:32 #9 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
Good to see there are some good companies left out there that appreciate their costumers.
glad you got sorted jeff.
jim

More
11 Mar 2013 21:57 #10 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)

Good to see there are some good companies left out there that appreciate their costumers.
glad you got sorted jeff.
jim

+1 for sure...

More
11 Mar 2013 22:15 #11 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
That's excellent news!
Great service! Would almost inspire me to go buy a set myself!

More
13 Mar 2013 13:23 #12 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Thanks lads i hoping mr postman comes tomorrow with no bills and a little box and sez sign their their please, the tank does not look it self without the extra blue

More
14 Mar 2013 21:30 #13 by tonyizcool (tony scorr)

What a service, i got TMC's number today the one in London rang up and within 30 seconds i was talking to a guy called Gyles Westcott Business Development & Export Manager AquaRay Lighting seconds later he has the problem solved it was the power box, he sez give me your email address and il forward a email asking my address so he can send a new one straight over to me so i will have it in the next 2 or 3 days.

Now thats what i call a great service so a big thanks very much to TMC what a service

My light went tits up spoke too the same guy a week ago sent my light too them got it back today totally rebuilt a cost me 50 euro wich I was happy to pay they have a brilliant service

More
15 Mar 2013 11:21 #14 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Yeah their deffo on the ball mine came yesterday as promised cant fault them at all great service

More
02 Apr 2013 09:50 #15 by iknowkungfu (chris)
ya tmc are good they sorted me out a while back, when I can Ill only buy tmc products because they are well built

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds