Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Fluval u3 not coming back on

More
25 Sep 2013 13:30 - 25 Sep 2013 13:30 #1 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)
have a fluval U3 internal working away last few months .. anyway yesterday was doing a small water change and decided to turn it off while i was doing the change , first time i have done this . Went to turn it back on and guess what , It didn't power back up .

had to take it out , pain in the hole etc etc .. mess around with it and eventually it just came back on again . Anyone know if this kind of thing is an issue with these filters ?
Last edit: 25 Sep 2013 13:30 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2013 13:56 #2 by dannyb (Daniel Byrne)
i had a 3 plus that did that all the time, it got to the stage where i had to take the head off it while in the tank and give the impeller a push start then put it all back together in the tank and hang it, it was a messy job but worked all the time

More
25 Sep 2013 14:04 #3 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)

i had a 3 plus that did that all the time, it got to the stage where i had to take the head off it while in the tank and give the impeller a push start then put it all back together in the tank and hang it, it was a messy job but worked all the time

Thanks . the U range is quite different from the plus range .. With the U's the impeller is harder to get at on the bottom of the filter , it makes it very messy to get it filter out , get the base off and start at the impeller .. Don't think I will am going to turn it off any more , just too much hassle ..

anyone else running any of the the U's ?

More
25 Sep 2013 14:35 #4 by ger310 (Ger .)
I always had the same problem with both ranges but I just flicked the impeller and started her up,put them back together and put them back in.........Just be careful were the outlet is facing when your putting it back in the water.

Great internal filters I have to say,both ranges

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
25 Sep 2013 14:36 #5 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)

I always had the same problem with both ranges but I just flicked the impeller and started her up,put them back together and put them back in.........Just be careful were the outlet is facing when your putting it back in the water.

Great internal filters I have to say,both ranges

Ger

fair enough .. yes it filters well , but not coming back on pisses me off !

More
25 Sep 2013 14:48 #6 by ger310 (Ger .)
Yeh if I remember the first one I had I got seriously pissed aswell with it.........turned it off then back on then nothing!! took the fuse out of the plug,checked the wiring in the plug,Freaked!!! then by sheer accident as I was fiddling with it in frustration my finger tipped off the impeller and off she went!
I have had a few since and all have being the same but as they are that good of an internal it bothered me less and less over time.

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds