Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Heater Controller

More
26 Nov 2014 18:48 #1 by baan (Fintan Breen)
Hi all,

I have been using a Seneye for the last few months. It's been useless on PH... my water is "too" soft. I'm not finished that argument with them yet.

however, on temperature, it is useful. The temperature fluctuates daily. During the summer, this was limited to about 1 degree a day, slowly up and down, so not major. However more recently, I'm seeing daily flucutations of up to 2.5 degrees...

Is this ok?

I was thinking of getting a temperature controller and using that to control the heaters, thinking this might be an issue with the internal controller in the heater/controller.

Ideas/thoughts?

Temperature Screenshot from Seneye dashboard:

The lower red line is 28 degrees and the upper line is 30 degrees. .. highest this week was 30.5 and lowest was 27.5.

Without Seneye I probably wouldn't even realise this was happening. But you can clearly see the difference when the heating is on each day.

This is a more zoomed out so you can see this over time:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2014 20:32 #2 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Did i not try selling you one of these controlers before i had it with the video on how long it took water to heat from 17 to 26 deg i have two controlers and i only use one every now and again

Something fishie going on here

More
27 Nov 2014 00:02 #3 by baan (Fintan Breen)
No, I don't think so. I was only after a heater at that point.

I've seen those ones on ebay... am I ok to trust my tank on them?!

Separately, do I need one.... maybe everybody's tank is fluctuating like this but we don't realise it cos we're not there to measure temp all the time? Will a controller fix this?!

More
27 Nov 2014 01:08 #4 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Is the room tempature changing i dont know if the tempature would cause problems unless its dropping a lot maybe someone else can help

Something fishie going on here

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds