Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Best led lighting systems

More
28 May 2015 21:59 #1 by padraigr (Padraig Rooney)
Hi guys I have a juwel vision 180 & the light unit has called it a day so I am looking for a new unit probably leds which I can attach to the existing light hood & wondering what is the best cost effective unit to go for. Ideally I would really like to be able to control the lighting remotely if possible. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2015 12:14 #2 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
Don't know which is best but there are a few options that fit in T5 holders.

Ian at aquatis village had a post about sera ones I think and aqualantis do a 742mm that you can get a timer for that fits in T5 holder the timer is an extra cost and does ramp up and down

More
01 Jun 2015 16:45 #3 by Mike53 (Michael)
I bought two arcadia led lights 5 years ago and they are still going strong. They are the tube ones and came with clips that I screwed into the lid. Would highly recommend, more expensive than T5 at the outlay but cheaper in the long run.

More
02 Jun 2015 10:49 #4 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)
@mike53

2 questions

Do you know if Arcadia do Juwel specific length?

Did you use these to grow plants?

Thx
Q

More
02 Jun 2015 20:02 - 02 Jun 2015 20:04 #5 by Mike53 (Michael)
Hi Q, think they come in a variety of lengths and lighting types, bought mine from Gavin in Artane Aquatics before they became Artane and were based in swords so it was a good while ago. My lights are 1m long.
Yes i have loads of plants in a deep tank - 60cm deep glass with 20cm deep hood, no probs at all growing plants, installed CO2 as well two years ago.
Mike
Last edit: 02 Jun 2015 20:04 by Mike53 (Michael).

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds