Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Ehiem Ecco 300 just start leaking

More
25 Jan 2016 17:00 #1 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Hi lads disaster has just struck the ehiem Ecco 300 has just start leaking all over the floor under the cabinet the floor is soaked I have a small internal filter in the tank it's 260 litres so I need another external sharpish lads has anyone got any spare externals for a Loan for a week or 2 until I buy a new one

at the end of the day it becomes nite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2016 19:21 - 25 Jan 2016 19:43 #2 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Big crack on the side of the canister absolute disaster :angry: :angry: :angry:

File Attachment:

Last edit: 25 Jan 2016 19:43 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle).

More
25 Jan 2016 20:07 #3 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Contact Me lander
He's selling a ehei external

More
25 Jan 2016 20:10 #4 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Thanks hammie is he still on here haven't seen him on in ages

More
25 Jan 2016 20:11 #5 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Think he swings by when he has time

More
25 Jan 2016 20:25 #6 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Would you have a contact number for him hammie

More
25 Jan 2016 20:50 #7 by robert (robert carter)
This might help ,you can get a patch repair that is extremely sticky used to seal leaks in pond liners even under water ,I have used this a number of times but don't have any at the moment used to get it from Ian in aquatic village . I would empty the filter dry the outside and put a patch on it that is considerably bigger than the cracks you don't have to wait for it to dry just refill the filter and start her up . I have used this on cracked pvc pipework on my pond with brilliant results .in fact the repair will probably be stronger than the casing .good luck

More
25 Jan 2016 20:56 #8 by Ieva star (Ieva Fogta)
Hi send me your phone number maybe can sort johnie

More
26 Jan 2016 14:16 #9 by robert (robert carter)
hi ,did you try sealing the filter

More
26 Jan 2016 14:52 - 26 Jan 2016 14:53 #10 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Hi no I didn't try sealing it as I live in an apartment and am very nervous about repairing it in case it leaked again one day when I wasent in or at work.

Regards
Craig

Last edit: 26 Jan 2016 14:53 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle).

More
26 Jan 2016 15:27 #11 by JohnH (John)
Craig,
How long have you had this filter?
If not too long it would be worth contacting Eheim if it's under guarantee.
Otherwise a new filter body would almost certainly be cheaper than a whole complete new filter.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
26 Jan 2016 15:37 #12 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
I bought the filter off someone on here can't remember his name so I don't know how long he had it before I bought it off him would shops stock filter body's or direct from the manufacturer

More
26 Jan 2016 15:41 #13 by robert (robert carter)
you could try newlands they have a lot of ehiem stuff

More
26 Jan 2016 19:41 #14 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
The filter I was fighting with last night, was also an eheim...... and let's just say it and it's handle parted ways when I put it back together after cleaning get it! So I'll have to get a new body for mine too
Let me know kW if you find d one locally, would prefer not to have to wait on delivery etc
Butley are cheap enough to buy online

More
26 Jan 2016 19:53 #15 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Will do hammie going to ring around tomorrow and try source one what model filter is yours and all ask when I am ringing around.

Regards
Craig

More
27 Jan 2016 02:54 #16 by alan 64 (alan)
I would score the surface up and get a fibre glass repair kit in ur motor factors and that would solve that i reckon

More
27 Jan 2016 03:20 #17 by robert (robert carter)
Hi Alan ,being in the motor trade we have found that fibreglass does not stick well to some types of plastic, that's why I sudjestied the sticky patch repair. However I understand he lives in an apartment so for peace of mind a new container probably is the way to go .

More
27 Jan 2016 21:02 #18 by Jim (Jim Lawlor)
I've an Eheim 2217 & all parts here - you can take if for free if its not too late.

More
16 Feb 2016 21:32 #19 by paulv (paul vickers)
Try tech7 as a repair, it works even in wet conditions. However it's hard to beat Jim's offer

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds