Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

TetraTec ex1200 - to buy or not to buy

More
25 Aug 2016 14:52 #1 by Ahsan225 (Syed Subhan)
Hi,

I am looking at a tetratec ex-1200 (Unused) to put on my discus tank. the filter has decent reviews apart from a few leak complaints. What do you guys think? The other option is a jbl e700 (used).

The JBL is 700 lph vs 1200 lph and has less space for media compared to the tetratec too

I am tilting towards the ex1200. opinions and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Syed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2016 15:36 #2 by robert (robert carter)
I use a crystal phofi e1500 on my 350 litre community from seahourse about 190 euro new with a 3 year warrenty , great filter loads of media space ,only clean it out every 6 weeks , water crystal clear and levels zero .to me its the only way to go

More
25 Aug 2016 15:47 #3 by alan 64 (alan)
The one that will hold the most media is what i would go for but the only advantage i find with the jbl is seahorse have most replacement parts for them

More
25 Aug 2016 22:10 #4 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
If getting the tetra tech get the ex1250 not the 1200! The 1200 is old stock and prone to problems! I had 1 replaced by tetra tech to the 1250 which is actually a great filter I've another 2 ex1200s here that both leak as well but never bothered to call them back!

More
12 Aug 2017 09:47 #5 by tommyt (tommy tee)
there was a known issue with the heads on the ex1200 and tetra replaced these at no cost , i even got a free 1200 out of them which has been perfect for the past 5 yrs,
they are good but like everything you can bad experiences

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

More
12 Aug 2017 23:03 #6 by robert (robert carter)
I use the jbl crystal profti e1500 great filter with a 4 year warranty

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds