Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Tetra tec ex 700

More
30 Jun 2007 11:52 #1 by Deeco (Deeco)
Just got one of these from drew the other day excellent filter if i do say so myself
Cheers Drew

You know yourself

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2007 14:12 #2 by richardbunn (Richard Bunn)
I'm hearing a lot of good things about these filters. Everybody seems to be raving about them lately.

"Everything's going perfectly in my aquarium. What do I do???"

More
30 Jun 2007 16:08 #3 by scorphonic (Kieran Crosbie Staunton)
I like them so much I bought two!! :)

More
30 Jun 2007 16:20 #4 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
Hate to be so openly cheeky but how much is one of these going to set us back :?: :?: :?:

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

More
30 Jun 2007 16:41 #5 by Deeco (Deeco)
Replied by Deeco (Deeco) on topic Re: Tetra tec ex 700
Bout 120 euro say on petshoponline i think for 90 odd

You know yourself

More
30 Jun 2007 19:10 #6 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
Running a Fluval 305 myself which I can't complain about, but I've heard great things about the Tetra-Tecs.

Regards,

Ken.

More
30 Jun 2007 19:27 #7 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Cheers Deeco, they are great filters, n we have all the spares!!!

More
01 Jul 2007 04:07 #8 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Tetra-Tec are great, I have two 1200's from AV and no complaints at all. Recently got a Wet n Dry from Eheim and although it is a great filter it does not seem the same quality and is more fiddly to put together and prime. The Eheim was alos much more expensive.

Daragh

More
01 Jul 2007 06:21 #9 by scorphonic (Kieran Crosbie Staunton)
nah they're only 75 euro on zooplus.ie for the EX700.

Dont pay more than that! I've searched and its the best deal you can get on one of these. :)

More
01 Jul 2007 08:28 #10 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
boy that is a good price. and a goood investment and time saver

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Jul 2007 12:57 #11 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re: Tetra tec ex 700
Just ordered an EX 700.
Its for my Rio 240, and will be augmented by my existing Fluval 4+.

Simply the best price around, beats even ebay (when you add crazy postage from UK).
Well done Zooplus!!

(Well done Deeco!)

Happy camper tonight.

More
01 Jul 2007 13:13 #12 by Deeco (Deeco)
Replied by Deeco (Deeco) on topic Re: Tetra tec ex 700
I Couldn't remember what site it was Defo the best filter around at the minute

You know yourself

More
01 Jul 2007 16:50 #13 by scorphonic (Kieran Crosbie Staunton)

Just ordered an EX 700.
Its for my Rio 240, and will be augmented by my existing Fluval 4+.

Simply the best price around, beats even ebay (when you add crazy postage from UK).
Well done Zooplus!!

(Well done Deeco!)

Happy camper tonight.

Spending hard earned money on something that you will enjoy is definately a nice feeling. You should look up E-bay and buy some white filter wool for the filter since your only supplied with one in the filter. They last a month but you could stretch some more out of it by washing it properly. Thats the only thing you need to worry about with that filter. After 3 months (I think!!) of using it I have cleaned the filters inside once and hardly any dirt was clogging it up so very little maintainance is required. Its super easy to clean, and very easy to handle with no water spilling all over the place!!

May I point out also that zooplus.ie are now selling a JBL 18W UV clarifier for 116 euro (free postage!!)...I got it last week and its sweet!! :) Would be good for your fish Didihno, will reduce disease in your tank a great deal if its prone to it and will also quickly clear up algae if you scrub everything and allow the algae to float through the filter to the UV lamp. (and at the same time implimenting the lights out rule etc...)

Both are good investments.

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Jul 2007 01:20 #14 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re: Tetra tec ex 700
I have plenty of white filter 'wool' thanks!
Ebay is great for that kind of stuff.
Bought a packet the size of a pillow!

Not sure I want to spend on one of those (UV) just yet.
I think maybe an RO unit although my tetras seem to be quite happy in the 7.6ish water. Only lost one glowlight so far, and although I know I am overstocked the extra filtration about to go onto the tank should ease any strain on the bioload.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds