Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

light for 90 liters Rekord

More
23 Jan 2008 16:15 #1 by M.C. (Sergei Mistsuk)
Have JUWEL REKORD 90 lt. tank and want to change lights for marine aquarium. What is ideal light for that tank? It's quite low so do I need a lot of light?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2008 19:41 #2 by bryanw (bryan woods)
have you changed your lights?
i have the same tank and looking for advice on changing the lights aswell

More
18 Mar 2008 20:35 #3 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
What type of stocking do you plan on keeping? Are you going fish only or are are you going to try for a mix of fish, corals and a few piece of live rock?

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

More
18 Mar 2008 21:01 #4 by bryanw (bryan woods)
me or m.c??

More
18 Mar 2008 23:13 #5 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Either, its all on the same topic!

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

More
18 Mar 2008 23:17 #6 by bryanw (bryan woods)
well i have 10kg of live rock
i also have 2x clownfish, 2xbanggai cardinalfish, orchid dottyback, yellow clown goby and a cleaner shrimp and the usual snails and hermit crabs
i am planning on keeping some soft corals and mushrooms
any ideas thanks:)

More
19 Mar 2008 09:58 #7 by darragh (Darragh Sherwin)
Bryan,

Are you planning to modify the current hood to take additional light tubes or build a new hood for the tank?
If you go down the route of modifying the hood, you will only be able to add one tube at most.
I have done this with a Rekord 70 tank, I siliconed the clips onto the inside of the hood and it worked out ok but you need to use aquarium grade silicone which is stocked by Wackers and Aquatic Village, not ordinary silicone.

Darragh

More
19 Mar 2008 11:50 #8 by bryanw (bryan woods)
i'll see if i can modify the hood
thanks for the help guys!

More
06 Apr 2008 19:20 - 06 Apr 2008 20:30 #9 by M.C. (Sergei Mistsuk)
hey! sorry was away for a bit. No... I still loking for any options to change my hood (i just installed 4 blue leds for \"moon\" light)... The best option to put 2 \"compact\" flurescent tubes 24-55W

http://www.aqualogo.ru/phpbb2/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=27122

BUT there is hard to find them here in Ireland (there is some in US, but shipping costs too much...), spetially ACTINIC one and 10000-14000K whites in fluorescent a rare here too!!!

here is some pictures how hood for 110L tank was upgraded:

P.S. sorry for size of pictures....

As for me, I would like to install 2 more compact (if I find high temperature tubes) + change my 18W tube for actinic one...
Last edit: 06 Apr 2008 20:30 by M.C. (Sergei Mistsuk).

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds