Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

54l tank for sale

More
09 Mar 2009 15:58 #1 by alkiely (alan kiely)
I have lost the battle to keep my 54l tank so im being forced to sell.....:angry:

It comes with tropical back round, heater, filter, plant( not real ), stones and a cave too.

I have had the tank for 4months and all together it cost 130euro

Its a great tank for beginers, for breeding, hospital tank, for fry or speiceman tank ( ie. dwarf puffers) she wasnt open to the idea of the two tanks.

If any one is interested im selling the whole lot for 50euro and i can organise to meet anyone interested.

Ill be able to sell it in 2 weeks after i transfer fish into my new tank.

Alan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2009 16:32 #2 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
I was looking forward to seeing the puffers. Looks like you got owned by herself!!
Great price though for that package,Id urge anyone considering a quarantine tank to go for it!

Gavin

More
09 Mar 2009 16:41 #3 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Yeah im her b*tch alrite:laugh: ...... sure the effort i put into getting a 180l tank have to give her driving lessons and im the one who will clean and look after the tankshe wants nothing at all to do with it

Even the idea of small cute little puffer fish couldnt turn her cold black heart even took her to see them and all she said "" they are small sure you can barely see them""......... there was just no winning gonna save my time and effort and push for something else in a few months.

Was looking foward to havin the little puffers after reading some of the other posts and seeing pics of them grrrrrrrrrrrrr.........

More
09 Mar 2009 16:44 #4 by alkiely (alan kiely)
I might even do a swap for some bog wood and plants for my new tank if anyone wants

More
09 Mar 2009 20:33 - 09 Mar 2009 20:38 #5 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Just wondering, firstly I think you really should have a quarantine tank to be honest. Herself might not be gone on another tank in the house but you can store it away for most of the year if you need,in fact you might only need to use it when you see some sick fish and perhaps when adding new fish to your tank. It wouldnt need to be set up full time as you can use organic aqua to jump start it on the day. I think its an idea, I know Im not the one trying to persuade her,its you that has to do the convincing. I have a job enough trying to keep my own tanks in the house without herself wanting to put a bookshelf in the rooms!

As for you doing all the cleaning on the tank,what did you expect!! Its your hobby,and tell me truthfully would you trust her with your fish! lol....
(Before you accuse me of being sexist,its the same the other way around if its the female with the hobby ie. Valerie,Mrs F and many more female members!!).

I remember heading away on a friends stag some months ago and Id a very sick molly who had symptoms of mouth fungus and was very ill looking,(I suspect it was internal bacteria),anyhow Id specific treatment set up in the quarantine tank and precise details on how and when to do it left with my girlfriend. I had the quarantine tank and everything ready on the Thursday and was leaving on the Friday morning. When Friday came the poor molly had passed away,when I told herself she despartely tried to keep in the smile on her face, not because she was glad the fish was dead but because she didnt have to treat it and have to explain to me after a weekend of stag booze that my molly had died!! So I think you know what I mean by having to clean the tank yourself, I wouldnt let someone else do it if I thought they werent sure what they were doing!!!

Anyhow Im straying from the topic now, sorry! Yeah try and keep the tank as a quarantine tank,even if its under the bed for half the year!

Gavin
Last edit: 09 Mar 2009 20:38 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner).

More
09 Mar 2009 21:02 #6 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
think your bad. i had to sleep in the spare room last night with the puffers, and now she is after going to stay in her mams, until i remove a tank. im standing my ground

More
09 Mar 2009 21:11 #7 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Lol, she's gone,well guess that means you can add another few tanks so then! lol.

More
09 Mar 2009 21:45 #8 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Really......:ohmy:

well the upside to her not being there is you dont have to hear the constant moanig and ur not that fu*king fish forum again.

Oh and if she ever went near my tank to clean it i would snap....:angry: when we first got the tank she cleaned the glass on the inside with a sponge that had window cleaner and fairy liquid on it was cycling the 54l at the time i nearly cried but she didnt understand ( i can kinda understand why she did use them dough )

And on the puffers how can anyone not like them i bet if they were pink and covered in sparkles it would be a different story.ha ha ha ha but pink and sparkly fish is a whole other story

More
09 Mar 2009 21:51 #9 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
hahahahahaha this conversation has gone from selling a 54L tank to b*tching about your other halfs

hahahahahahahahahaha its pure gold

hahahahahahaha

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

More
09 Mar 2009 22:06 #10 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
yeah shes always givin out about this site. shes back at the moment and if she catches me talking about this im dead so dead. i still recons she love them. the light was on when i came home. but she is hopping mad and i dont really blame her

More
10 Mar 2009 09:22 #11 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .........Time for the divorce courts I think

Well your honour..........The other woman is in fact............These tiny little cute dwarf puffers..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lar

PS - I've just noticed.....Is this only a problem with dwarf puffers.....Alan & reefpaddy,you should have gone with Kissing Gourami instead all pink and Kissy Kissy..... ROTFL....Ahh lads your Gas,you have made my day:) :) :) :)

More
10 Mar 2009 11:31 #12 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Yeah i need judge judy or sumtin or oprah:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :P

she unplugged both tanks last night in a fit coz i said i want to keep it just incase my fish get sick and for fry she went nuts

More
10 Mar 2009 12:34 #13 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Just buy her flowers and say sorry! Then hide the tank in the attic until she owes you for a favour down the line and out comes the 2nd tank again!!

G

More
10 Mar 2009 13:40 #14 by alkiely (alan kiely)
I like the idea and when she owes me one bam! and out comes the tank...... or il just wait till she goes away and put the puffers in and just hope for the best....... well to be honest i dont care if she doesnt want another tank its the same as me thinking you dont nned more shoes or a new bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe a when i have the puffers ill show her the tank then ill pull out the credit card and say you can get new shoes

More
10 Mar 2009 13:58 #15 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Under no circumstances give a woman your credit card! It will be damage limitation if she gets it and hits the shops!!haha!

More
10 Mar 2009 14:01 #16 by alkiely (alan kiely)
It will be done from home on the internet were i can limit spending.

Ill never give her my credit card again only when im near:laugh:

Have you any idea of of many male and female puffers you have yet?

More
10 Mar 2009 14:19 #17 by cardinal (Lar Savage)

its the same as me thinking you dont nned more shoes or a new bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan
.......Don't go there.....!!!!!! it's not worth the hassle..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
10 Mar 2009 14:26 #18 by alkiely (alan kiely)
It will be a once of "payment" of sorts to keep the peace

More
10 Mar 2009 18:15 #19 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
hahaha kissing Gourami hahaha

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

More
10 Mar 2009 18:17 #20 by alkiely (alan kiely)
I know whatt a smart arse.......:laugh: wonder how he would feel if the tables were turned bet he wouldnt be to happy

More
10 Mar 2009 21:19 #21 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
victorious. i win , everything back to normal now. i played a blinder, lads you should always be able to dominate your women WITHOUT HER KNOWING ABOUT IT. IM ALREADY THINKING OF MY NEXT TANK. ALL HER FREINDS WER AROUND LAST NIGHT AND THEY WER LIKE KIDS LOOKING AT ALL THE TANKS, THERE WAS DEFINITLY A SENCE OF PRIDE ON HER BEHALF.DONT FORGET TO REMIND THEM THAT WHILE YOUR IN LOOKING AFTER YOUR FISH TANKS UR NOT GETTING PISSED DOWN THE PUB WITH THE LADS. WELL THATS MY EXCUSE AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT ITS TRUE

More
10 Mar 2009 21:24 #22 by alkiely (alan kiely)
HA HA HA HA:laugh: thats what we like to hear...... its a win for all men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So any ideas on how many male and female puffers you have or can you tell yet?

Im gonna get some in a month or two gonna be nice about things.

More
10 Mar 2009 21:30 #23 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
HAVNT COUNTED YET, SEEN ONE OR TWO MALES THEY SEEM TO BE GETTING A LITTLE BIGGER ALREDADY. THEY ARE GREAT FUN TO WATCH , ALWAYS NIPPIN EACH OTHER THOUGH, COULD BE A PROB. ILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I DO A COUNT MATE.

More
10 Mar 2009 22:55 #24 by cardinal (Lar Savage)

i played a blinder, lads you should always be able to dominate your women

Careful there R paddy......lots of ladies on here.....;) ;)

Al - Actually when I suggested getting a 200 ltr tank to the missus Her actual words were "get it sure you could be dead tomorrow"..... treat your ladies well......Thats my advice ,plans have been made for a marine tank down the line with her blessing :woohoo: :woohoo: :P

More
10 Mar 2009 23:26 #25 by alkiely (alan kiely)
I no ill be oh so nice till about mid april and then some puffer fish will be finding a new home gonna time it for around the same time as my little girls christening and her sister is stayin so she will be too busy to be mad at me ha ha hope it works:laugh:

More
11 Mar 2009 09:03 #26 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
sounds like a man with a plan, love it as its rare we do win against women and their wiley ways..score ;) hope all goes well for you

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
11 Mar 2009 10:37 #27 by alkiely (alan kiely)
I have it all planned when she is out with her sis ill put the puffers in the tank say nuthing and hope she dosent realise and she wont go nuts coz there will be family friends etc there and then i win ha ha ha ha ha

More
12 Mar 2009 01:07 #28 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
see, now your using ur head

More
12 Mar 2009 12:57 #29 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Yeah it was like someone turned the lights on was thinking by the time i get all the fish into the new tank and get it ready it will be around a week before the christening her sister flys in 3 days before so then ill strike the next day when they are shopping and then ill tell her sister oh did you see my little puffer fish ( which she loves ) its win win.

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Mar 2009 13:32 #30 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re:54l tank for sale
cardinal wrote:

Her actual words were "get it sure you could be dead tomorrow".....

you sure that wasn't a thinly veiled threat? ;)

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds