Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

eheim filter

More
06 Oct 2009 20:45 #1 by stan (stan)
eheim filter was created by stan (stan)
the other night i did a cleaning on my eheim pro 11 2026 and now it aint working. i have checked everything i can think of. im not sure if its a problem with the motor as when i plug it in the impeller makes a rattling sound as if the magnets arent holding it in place properly.
Can anyone check if there impeller has a little give or if its held in tight by the magnet.
also the primer on the the filter doesnt seem to be operating properly either, it will pushes down but it will not raise back up and as a result will not pull water into the filter. i tried filling the filter seperatly but no joy.

i may be missing something simple but cant see it myself.

hope someone can suggest something else cause im stumped

cheers

stan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2009 21:08 #2 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
I am not familiar with that particular filter but the impeller should be a little loose in the housing.
It sounds like the impeller is running dry or the shaft might be broke. This is the thin rod that the impeller sits on. It is like an axle.
As for the primer not working make sure the valves on the hoses are open. If this is not the problem you could try removing the top off the filter and see if the primer button releases and then fill the filter by syphoning through the outlet hose.

More
06 Oct 2009 21:29 #3 by stan (stan)
Replied by stan (stan) on topic Re:eheim filter
cheers for the quick response platy,
i had already taken the top off the filter and had a little look around in case anything was causing the primer to get stuck but all seems fine.

with this filter when you connect the hoses to the filter, the valves automatically open and the filter normally fills of its own accord but i see what your getting at.

not even the hoses are filling up with water so even when i open the valves nothing flows

More
06 Oct 2009 23:24 #4 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
It is strange the hoses wont even fill.
All i can suggest is to use another filter if you have one untill you resolve the problem.
If you dont have another filter make sure you aerate the tank and dont feed the fish.
Remove the media from the filter and keep this aerate to keep the bacteria alive.

More
06 Oct 2009 23:32 #5 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
try sucking it out, as it may give it the kick start it needs. dont be a pussie just do it:laugh:

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds