Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

lighting in the tank is flickering

More
29 Nov 2009 23:18 #1 by ken2525 (ken bolster)
i have a juwel 180 and the lights turn off and back on some times but when they turn off there is stil power gonig to the tubes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2009 23:41 - 29 Nov 2009 23:42 #2 by dubfish (Alan Martin)
Change the bulbs,if water was in the main bar you would have no flickering and no light.bring your lighting unit to one of the sponsors,and they will fit a set of new bulbs.If they dont stay on,its an electrical problem.

Regards Alan..
Last edit: 29 Nov 2009 23:42 by dubfish (Alan Martin).

More
29 Nov 2009 23:45 #3 by ken2525 (ken bolster)
they are only new tubes in it

More
29 Nov 2009 23:51 #4 by dubfish (Alan Martin)
Is your tank still under warranty,its normally only 12months?

Regards Alan..

More
30 Nov 2009 18:25 #5 by ken2525 (ken bolster)
no the tank is older than that and now the light wont come on at all but there i power going to the lamps

More
01 Dec 2009 04:43 #6 by bull (keith madden)
your starter could be gone, you'll see a little cap you can unscrew on the fitting and thats were ur starter is, u can get starters in any hardware store they only cost a euro or two.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds