Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

one week old eheim HELP!

More
26 Jan 2010 20:01 #1 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Hi all this bloody Eheim! its spitting out extra water through the spray bar id say every 20min or so then the pipes are going empty and the pump stops till i unplug it from the mains and when i plug it back in its ok for 20min and then back to the begining again

a friend thinks it's an air block and said to take one of the pipes off but if you know these Eheims taking the pipes apart is an nightmare

anyone any idea's??

Cheers Mark :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2010 20:48 #2 by fourmations (NIall SMyth)
what model is it?

shake the canister vigourously
and it may shift the air

rgds

More
26 Jan 2010 20:56 #3 by irishfirepics (Dennis Prior)
check your conections, make sure no air is getting in on the intake side, also make sure that the distance between the tank and filter is not too far. check the manual.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jan 2010 20:59 - 26 Jan 2010 21:01 #4 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re:one week old eheim HELP!
I agree 4, tilt the Filter from one side to the other side while it's running, it should dislodge the bubbles, barring that, take one of your pipes, the intake or return, it doesn't matter, take it upward facing and with a jug, pour water down the tube, this should force the air out, remember, this is done while the Filter is switched off !!!!
Last edit: 26 Jan 2010 21:01 by stretnik (stretnik).

More
26 Jan 2010 21:26 #5 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
hi its a 2224 when i shook it water came out and it stoped working ha ha im about to throw it out the window:laugh:

More
26 Jan 2010 21:42 #6 by ronnie351 (Ronnie Burke)
Hi
I always use Eheim never any problems,

Id make sure that the filter trays inside are lined up correctly , sounds to me a water blockage problem,not enough water
cycling through the filter, if necessary remove filter trays and see does the water run through the filter ok, if not clean the pump ensure fitting is ok, if still does not work its a pump problem you should return it. The eheim website also has great info, hope this helps
Ronnie.
Eheim fan.

More
27 Jan 2010 00:09 #7 by mossy (gavin blanchfield)
had the same problem myself before
turned out there was crap stuck in the hose going into the filter
and there wasnt a full flow of water
so i removed the hose and cleaned it out and it done the job
rgds

More
27 Jan 2010 00:59 #8 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
I think i had my airstone to close to the pipe that takes the water from the tank and it was sucking the odd bubble and made it have a air block moved the pipe and fill the filter up with water and seems to be working fine:)

Thanks so much for the replys lads much appreciated

Cheers Mark

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds