Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

JBL Cristal Profi e900

More
06 Mar 2010 15:03 #1 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
Hi
Does anybody have any experience of the JBL external filters...?? How do they compare to the other brands...?

Thanks .... Lar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2010 18:06 #2 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
have one runnin on me 180l tank since crimbo, alls good so far, bit early to tell yet though for the full stamina tes,t only running 3 months.paid 57 euro delivered to the front door so for the price it is very good, maybe time will tell.........

Follow me up to Carlow

More
06 Mar 2010 18:15 #3 by Dioza (Adam Bell)
Same as mick, i have one running on a rio 180 since the start of January and i find it really good, i have the tank fairly well planted but not overly stocked so that will be the test when i add more. But for 60 euro delivered to the door i think its spot on!

More
06 Mar 2010 18:56 #4 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
I have the e1500 running on a 230l Malawi tank for the last 6 months. I have to say that it's an excellent filter. Very well made and easy to maintain. I'd highly recommend them.

Regards,

Ken.

More
06 Mar 2010 21:18 #5 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
I must be one of the unlucky one's. It dosent keep the dirt in the filter.
I have to clean my e1500 out every 2 weeks or it spits the dirt back into the tank. Even though the filter is still clean after the 2 weeks.
Any other one's i've seen work perfectly well.
I got some micron filter pads for it today but this means changing them every 24 hours.
I can see it ending up in the bin shortly.

Apart from that it is quiet, sturdy and well priced.

More
06 Mar 2010 21:22 #6 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
That's odd Darren. I've only cleaned mine twice in 6 months. I cleaned it yesterday and could have got away with leaving it for another couple of months.

It's also on a heavily stocked Malawi tank so get's plenty of waste.

Regards,

Ken.

More
06 Mar 2010 22:38 #7 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Yes Ken and i would say it is a one off.
I will be stripping it down "again" tomorrow to see if i can figure out the problem.

More
07 Mar 2010 07:15 #8 by cardinal (Lar Savage)
Hi Lads
Thanks for all the feedback....I'm thinking I may be whacking the credit card this morning...:cheer:

Darren...Afaik ...these come with a 4 year warranty...Have you tried contacting their customer services ...?

Thanks ... Lar

More
07 Mar 2010 21:51 #9 by bart (Bart Korfanty)
hi
i have e1500 for last two years, no problems so far

More
07 Mar 2010 22:50 #10 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
I checked the filter today and found a split along the side of the distributor plate. When i move it with my finger it moves like it is hinged.
I think with the flow of water the water returning to the tank is getting mixed with the water in the pre filter section.

I will contact the shop tomorrow to see about getting this part replaced.

More
11 Nov 2011 19:24 #11 by madserboo (Mark Whelan)
Heya mate were did you get it for 57 euro??

More
11 Nov 2011 19:25 #12 by madserboo (Mark Whelan)
Heya mate were did you get it for 60 euro??

More
16 Jun 2013 21:38 #13 by collywobbles (colm moans)
where did you get it

More
16 Jun 2013 21:47 #14 by davey_c (dave clarke)

where did you get it

That member hasn't been online in 2years going by their profile but I'm considering selling my jbl e900 external if your interested?

Below tank is for sale

my plywood tank build.

www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/forum...k-build-diary#137768

More
16 Jun 2013 22:35 #15 by collywobbles (colm moans)
how much and how long have you got it

More
16 Jun 2013 22:43 #16 by collywobbles (colm moans)
very interested if the price is right

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds