Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/web/itfsweb/www/libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2719

Notice: Undefined variable: end_tag_params in /home/web/itfsweb/www/libraries/kunena/external/nbbc/src/BBCode.php on line 2719

My 120 litre community aquarium

More
03 Dec 2012 23:06 #31 by jeff (Jeff Scully)

Replied by jeff (Jeff Scully) on topic 120 litre tropical tank
Hey man thank looks great only thing i would change would be to move the bit of moss down to the bottom of the branch so that when it takes off it will grow up and attach itself to it, and when one is done you can trim a bit off and start another branch and so on, great photos by the way

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2013 00:51 #32 by ck1 (chris)

Replied by ck1 (chris) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium
recent bad picture

More
29 Jan 2013 01:47 #33 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Replied by irish-zx10r (James feenan) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium

Have nothing to do tonight so took few pictures think i'll do a water change now. Trying to get an external filter and take out the u3 when that happens im going to get a few plants for where it is

What are the above fish ? Do cory pandas need sand or could they be kept in a tank with gravel ?

Something fishie going on here

More
29 Jan 2013 10:06 #34 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)

Replied by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium

recent bad picture

is that a betta in there ? if so how long is he in , and how is he getting on with the rest of the community ?

I am thing of putting a betta in a 90 with tetras ( prob neons ) ..

More
29 Jan 2013 13:23 #35 by ck1 (chris)

Ya that's a betta fighting with his reflection. I have him about 2 weeks now never really had much interest in them but this one caught my eye he is getting on good doesn't bother any other fish the only thing was my endlers seemed confused and we're trying to breed with him for the first few days

More
29 Jan 2013 14:59 #36 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)

Ya that's a betta fighting with his reflection. I have him about 2 weeks now never really had much interest in them but this one caught my eye he is getting on good doesn't bother any other fish the only thing was my endlers seemed confused and we're trying to breed with him for the first few days

cheers ,

due to the betta being in there have you had to change how you are filtering and aerating the tank ?

More
29 Jan 2013 18:24 - 29 Jan 2013 18:27 #37 by ck1 (chris)

irish-zx10r they are apistogramma steel blue. the corys are happier in sand but do could be kept with gravel.
bmcg38 i havnt changed a thing i dont know too much about them its was a bit of an impulse buy
Last edit: 29 Jan 2013 18:27 by ck1 (chris).

More
29 Jan 2013 19:58 #38 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)

bmcg38 i havnt changed a thing i dont know too much about them its was a bit of an impulse buy

i dont know that much about them either , trying to get a feel for whats best . whats the PH of the tank ? i see the apistos so im guessing its lowish ..

More
29 Jan 2013 21:46 #39 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Replied by irish-zx10r (James feenan) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium

irish-zx10r they are apistogramma steel blue. the corys are happier in sand but do could be kept with gravel.

Do you have a dwarf german ram in this tank ? is it ok to keep a apistogramma steel blue , dwarf ram and other community fish in the same tank?

Something fishie going on here

More
02 Feb 2013 00:12 #40 by ck1 (chris)

i havnt checked the ph in a while but it was 6.8 the last time

More
02 Feb 2013 00:14 #41 by ck1 (chris)

Do you have a dwarf german ram in this tank ? is it ok to keep a apistogramma steel blue , dwarf ram and other community fish in the same tank?

i had but he died rams never seem to last in my tank a male of each would be ok but not pairs

More
04 Feb 2013 17:58 #42 by SiobhanH (Siobhan)

Replied by SiobhanH (Siobhan) on topic 120 litre tropical tank
Love the setup of your tank ! Well done ;-)

More
07 Feb 2013 18:45 #43 by ck1 (chris)

Some pictures of my steel blue pair not everyones taste but i like them. Females apparently hard to come by

More
07 Feb 2013 19:21 #44 by Melander (Andreas Melander)

Replied by Melander (Andreas Melander) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium
Altogether very nice, lovely fish and tank.

Congrats on the photo competition win by the way!

Andreas

More
11 Feb 2013 22:52 #45 by ck1 (chris)

Thanks. Kinda happy with it now after about 7 months of moving and adding plants

More
28 Mar 2013 00:09 #46 by ck1 (chris)

im finally getting something im happy with a year later :crazy:

More
28 Mar 2013 08:58 #47 by pit (Piotr Urbanski)

Replied by pit (Piotr Urbanski) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium
Hi ck1
Nice plants but I think that the bigest is to much in the centre.

pit

More
28 Mar 2013 21:19 #48 by ck1 (chris)

thanks.i like it there.what would you put in its place

More
28 Mar 2013 22:46 #49 by des (des)

Replied by des (des) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium
Hi ck

I wouldn't change a thing
I think it's lovely
the wood on the right looks cool, reminds Me of some sort of tower You might see in the carpathian forests or something to that effect, class, adds a nice feel of distance or perspective, makes everything else seem larger, cool looking piece of wood, nice find !!!
also like the change in substrate on the right side, looks well around the entrance to the coconut shell.
the plants are all very healthy looking, lovely lotus plants and the aponogeton in the centre is a cracker.

nice one
lovely tank, not too heavily stocked either which is always nice to see...

Des

More
28 Mar 2013 22:57 #50 by pit (Piotr Urbanski)

Replied by pit (Piotr Urbanski) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium
I would swap it with big wood on the right, but I wouldn't put that wood as straight as it is now, but I would find some nice angle for it and give some Rotala sp. "Nanjenshan" and maybe Proserpinaca palustris, plus some microsorium on one or two roots.

More
29 Mar 2013 16:28 #51 by ck1 (chris)

Thanks des nice to hear, the wood is nice alright alot nicer in person there is alot of holes and natural caves in it(my apisto's have just laid eggs in a hole in it this morning).
The pictures look washed out only took them on my phone so you cant really see the wood

More
29 Mar 2013 19:42 #52 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)

Replied by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill) on topic My 120 litre community aquarium
Did someone get a new camera? Those photos good great ck the tanks really coming on and those steel blues are awesome well done

Mark

More
29 Mar 2013 20:01 #53 by ck1 (chris)

Got a new phone with a better camera alright but its not the best they are very washed out. Unfortunlty i dont have the steel blues anymore i just couldnt keep the females alive im not sure if its because there a hybrid or what.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds