Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

A hint for 'publishing' pictures on the Forum

More
17 Aug 2013 11:40 - 17 Aug 2013 11:42 #1 by JohnH (John)
I really do not understand why the function is playing up since the new server change, I'll see if I can discover why, but as long as you resize your images down to under 1mb they should be fine.

Here's the link to Valerie's tutorial:

www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/forum...ng-pictures-on-posts

The 'chain link' she refers to is the one above this icon - :woohoo: it sort of shows a TV screen with chain below.

This drops down a bar for you to enter your img url code (from photobucket, or whatever).

I find it best to delete the preface which appears: http://
then enter your img url and then click the 'insert' box. You can then repeat this action for as many pictures as you want to load, deleting the url from the insert box before loading a new one (but only from the box, not the post). You can then select the 'preview' box to make sure your image has loaded.

I hope I'm making some sort of sense here, it's another case of knowing how to do something being a lot different to trying to explain it in writing.

If all else fails send the pics on to me at the competition address - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll publish them for you.
Please, though, send me a PM as well, telling me you've sent image(s) to that address since it isn't checked out of competition times.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2013 11:42 by JohnH (John). Reason: reorganised the post a bit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2013 17:35 #2 by Homer (Kevin)
I posted a Pic on Soc and rubbish earlier today using photobucket image and it uploaded straight away.

H.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
17 Aug 2013 17:39 #3 by Homer (Kevin)

H.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds