Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Setup

More
08 Feb 2014 22:27 #1 by dubdero (derek kearns)
Setup was created by dubdero (derek kearns)
Finally I'm getting decent at computers and can upload.heres my set up.
1 gold nugget
1Sultan pleco
1 Royal whiptail
A red whiptail can't think of name at moment
8 whitetailed tetras
2 angel fish
And my favourite a male betta have him a while now .
My new l number book in post now so will no the l numbers soon.
And also my new white pleco which not sure what it is at moment.
Using tetratec 700 external and jewel internel at moment.in trigon 190 at moment.Heard through the grape vine the misses was in sea horse aquiriums recently and my birthday soon.i suspect an upgrade soon.cheers Derek.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2014 22:44 #2 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Replied by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding) on topic Setup
Welcome aboard sir. Any photos....

More
09 Feb 2014 10:41 #3 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Replied by hammie (Neil Hammerton) on topic Setup
Ill send you the wifes number..... maybe you can ask your good lady to speak to mine!!!!! Its my birthday at the end of the month and id love an upgrade (bigger tank before anyone suggests trading in the wife for a younger model).....
The trigons are great! Have 2 of them here and would love to get a second 350 to replace the boys tank!!!!

More
09 Feb 2014 16:20 #4 by dubdero (derek kearns)
Replied by dubdero (derek kearns) on topic Setup
She hates tanks the misses but sometimes foot has to come down not allowed more than one down stairs one up stairs .told her a chance of a leak could ruin her new floor.it worked

More
10 Feb 2014 20:36 #5 by jeff (Jeff Scully)
Replied by jeff (Jeff Scully) on topic Setup
Any pics yet it sounds nice

Where the tongue slips, it speaks the truth.

A life making mistakes is not only more honourable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing at all.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds