Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

crocea clam pics

• gm333 (gm333)
  • gm333 (gm333)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 Nov 2006 18:59 #1 by gm333 (gm333)
crocea clam pics was created by gm333 (gm333)
here are some pics of my new crocea clam.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2006 04:58 #2 by lampeye (lampeye)
deadly...I love clams

lampeye

More
16 Nov 2006 17:02 #3 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Verry nice gm. :)

More
16 Nov 2006 17:42 #4 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Great looking shellfish gm333. Quick question: How much light are you running in your tank to keep that guy happy?

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

• gm333 (gm333)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Nov 2006 22:37 #5 by gm333 (gm333)
Replied by gm333 (gm333) on topic Re: crocea clam pics
I an currently running 4x96wt 72" vho, and 2-175wt metal halides with 20,000k bulbs. I got him attatched to a rock last night and moved him a little closer to the lights. I read that using 20,000K you need to get the clams a little closer.

More
17 Nov 2006 04:32 #6 by tanks_alot (Denis Coghlan)
Six tubes for one tank, I love it!! I don't know anything about clams or their husbandry but I'm still interested. Next question: When you say you "attached him" to a rock, what do you actually do. It is some sort of special cement or epoxy and do you literally just adhere the shell to the rock?

Also, is the main reason for sticking the clam to the rock, to prevent it from moving out of the light and or do you just want to have the clam in a particular area?

Lead me not into temptation, For I can find it myself!

More
17 Nov 2006 06:53 #7 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Dont run an invert tank too high (temp) lets hope it looks like that next year!

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

• gm333 (gm333)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Nov 2006 07:50 #8 by gm333 (gm333)
Replied by gm333 (gm333) on topic Re: crocea clam pics
He attatches himself with a little sticky ligament so he can position himself for the best lighting possible. Yeah I put him on the rock so I could move him without tearing him off a larger rock.

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds