Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

some bad shots

More
28 Apr 2008 12:12 #1 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
since Catherine got her new camera i have found myself drawn more and more to to getting shots of my tanks and it is so relaxing and an extra tool for spotting problems which is a big plus too because i now have pictures i can compare changes that before i would have missed.

some tips remember to clean the front of the tank(i didnt :blush::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blush: :laugh: :blush: )

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2008 12:17 #2 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Apr 2008 16:42 #3 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re:some bad shots
That is one hell of a lot of live bearers ;)
I'd say it is a seriously lively tank.

Love the endlers. Have you got ocean rock in the tank? Unusual for community setups.

More
28 Apr 2008 17:23 #4 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
no ocean rock just a plastic ornament in there for the algae to grow for the bristle nose.
he keep the tank bottom clear of build up so less chance of disease.

while i have endler's these are guppy's i have had some trow backs to the natural form and maybe from a few years back i was sold endler's as miniature guppy's but it would be unusual for hybrids to be fertile do not unheard of.

its just a pity i don't have space to follow through.

i think but am not sure! what is happening here is that some of the newer strains are still very close to the original form and not quite pure line thus some of the original markings are showing through plus i am not to keen on culling healthy fish

More
28 Apr 2008 17:31 #5 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
nice to see your fish Mickey
dose Catherine get any chance to use her camera? :laugh:

More
28 Apr 2008 19:37 #6 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
of course she does when i remember to charge the battery:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i lost the spare :evil: :evil: :evil:

More
29 Apr 2008 02:32 #7 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
love the cory's and haven't seen many hi-fin platies in a while..all look in great nick, bravo
Seamus

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
29 Apr 2008 08:25 #8 by Processor (Niall O'Leary)
Those pics aren't bad Mickey. Looks like you have a few pregnant Guppies there as well.

Processor.

More
29 Apr 2008 10:35 #9 by oog1111 (Orlagh O Grady)
Hi Mickey,

What cool guppies!! much nicer than in shops...spotted about 4 exceptionally beautiful ones (well what I think is beautiful). well done!!
:)

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Apr 2008 12:17 #10 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re:some bad shots
mwdragondk wrote:

no ocean rock just a plastic ornament in there for the algae to grow for the bristle nose.
he keep the tank bottom clear of build up so less chance of disease.

while i have endler's these are guppy's i have had some trow backs to the natural form and maybe from a few years back i was sold endler's as miniature guppy's but it would be unusual for hybrids to be fertile do not unheard of.

its just a pity i don't have space to follow through.

i think but am not sure! what is happening here is that some of the newer strains are still very close to the original form and not quite pure line thus some of the original markings are showing through plus i am not to keen on culling healthy fish

Surely that is an endler near the top of the last pic Mickey?

More
29 Apr 2008 18:02 #11 by goldy (goldy .)
Replied by goldy (goldy .) on topic Re:some bad shots
pics look good mickey. your fish look happy and healthy well done. I recently acquired some guppies myself and hopefully will have some babies soon so looking forward to it. your tanks look really lively and some of the colours are really amazing. I suppose some people may think they are a basic fish but to look at them they are really smashing.

More
29 Apr 2008 22:14 #12 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
thanks folks for all the kind words.
some more shots taken today. spot the Endler!
:laugh::laugh: note: Daragh Owens and Valerie stay quiet please.:laugh::laugh:
just for fun?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
29 Apr 2008 22:35 #13 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:some bad shots
Hi Mickey,

Cool pics !!!

Regarding the endler ... I know nothing !! :laugh: :laugh:

Valerie

More
30 Apr 2008 00:53 #14 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
I am saying nothing :-)

Some lovely guppies there, all looking bright and healthy.

Nice shots, you have learned the first lesson on fish photography - clean the glass :-) Lesson two is when using the flash, angle the camera a little so it does not reflect back into the lens.

Daragh

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds