Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Baby Synodontis petricola

More
20 Mar 2009 23:59 - 21 Mar 2009 00:00 #1 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
I am posting these for Derek, they are his babies. Blame me for the quality of the photos but they would not sit still :S

Last edit: 21 Mar 2009 00:00 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2009 04:35 #2 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Derek how old are the cute little fellas and what are you stuffing their fat little belly's with?
Good photos Daragh.

More
23 Mar 2009 00:16 #3 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Although I photographed these little guys, I never asked how they spawn. They are not a cucko spawner are they? Really cute miniatures of the parents. Are they fast growers?

Daragh

More
03 Apr 2009 21:08 #4 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
How many people here have bred Synodontis petricola??

How many people here even know someone that has bred Synodontis petricola?? Not that many I bet.

That is why I am amazed when a thread like this goes through and no one has a comment, a query or anything to say.

I bet if I started a thread on Ireland in the Worldcup I was be snowed under - strange I thought it was a fishkeeping forum.

Ah well

:(

More
03 Apr 2009 22:07 #5 by Trimax (Trimax)
wow well done Derek ! Any info on how they breed?

More
03 Apr 2009 22:28 #6 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
how did i miss this thread, stunning babies, excellent looking condition, how many fry where born, what where the perameters, what did you use to condition the parents sorry for all the questions but wow, oh ya Daragh nice perspective with the coin for size in the second one, i like trimax would appreciate it if you'd post some info on breeding these.

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
04 Apr 2009 00:31 #7 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Daragh_Owens wrote:

How many people here have bred Synodontis petricola??

How many people here even know someone that has bred Synodontis petricola?? Not that many I bet.

That is why I am amazed when a thread like this goes through and no one has a comment, a query or anything to say.

I bet if I started a thread on Ireland in the Worldcup I was be snowed under - strange I thought it was a fishkeeping forum.

Ah well

:(

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I think the problem is people dont look at the forum part and only look at the new treads on the home page. Before you know it the topic is gone from the home page and forgotten about.
You are right Daragh it is not every day someone spawns petricola so it should get some attention when someone dose.
I only know 2 people in Ireland that have successfully bred them. Derek and Bernard. The first time Bernard told me they spawned for him i was amazed and made him tell me all the details.
Fair play Derek and i'm sure you will be along to tell all about these African cats.

More
04 Apr 2009 10:12 #8 by Zoom (Zoom)
Thanks for posting the photo's Daragh like the others said I missed the thread also:blush: , Great achievement , well done Derek!

More
12 Apr 2009 23:50 #9 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Nearly forgot that I had taken a few seconds of video too.

HD version is a little better.

Daragh

More
13 Apr 2009 11:43 #10 by Darragh_Clarke (Darragh Clarke)
There lovely little fry how did you get out of that spawn?
Well done Derek

Darragh C

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds