Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

My Tank

More
01 Mar 2007 12:47 #1 by essjay (S Jackson)
My Tank was created by essjay (S Jackson)
Not the best pucture. No fish in it yet, but will hopefully have a few in after the weekend.

Notice the blob of silicone under one of the stons. Going to have to rectify that. To the left you can see the pump for under sand jets for water movement and the Eheim in/out pipes. The Juwel filter is covered by the rock background to the right.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Mar 2007 13:37 #2 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re: My Tank
Smashing looking tank,it certainly ticks all the boxes.Are the Tangs going in there?

I tried one of those Under Gravel Jets a few months ago.They keep water clean but the fish didnt seem to like it,they started gently scratching themselves off the substrate which they never did.I didnt change any parameters but on the other hand it may have been something else.Best of luck with the tank.

More
01 Mar 2007 14:00 #3 by essjay (S Jackson)
Replied by essjay (S Jackson) on topic Re: My Tank
yeah, thats the tang tank. The pump on the jets is not as strong as it should be, but I'm not changing it now, so the water pressure from them is just enought to create some circulation. Sure I'll see how it goes. Plenty of caves and open space. Should suit the Comps & Paracyps down to the ground.

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Mar 2007 14:22 #4 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re: My Tank
I got some mini flower pots (plastic) in Atlantic,€0.25 each.They are perfect for Comps,Julies,Leilupi to breed in if you bury them in behind the rocks under the substrate about half way down.Might be worth a trip to Atlantic!!

More
01 Mar 2007 16:03 #5 by goldy (goldy .)
Replied by goldy (goldy .) on topic Re: My Tank
smashing tank it looks brilliant.

More
02 Mar 2007 03:48 #6 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
super looking tank
what type of sand is that ?

More
02 Mar 2007 03:53 #7 by essjay (S Jackson)
coral sand. Looks much brighter in the photo that it actually is

More
02 Mar 2007 05:36 #8 by arabesque (Mick Veale)
Replied by arabesque (Mick Veale) on topic Re: My Tank
very nice...

is that the juwel rocky background??

More
02 Mar 2007 06:10 #9 by essjay (S Jackson)
it sure is. Bought 3 of the 60cm ones and they covered the back and filter of the Rio 400

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds