Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Posting pictures to the Forum,made easy

• UserX (UserX)
  • UserX (UserX)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Mar 2007 14:42 - 15 Apr 2008 14:00 #1 by UserX (UserX)
Posting pictures to the Forum,made easy was created by UserX (UserX)
Posting pictures or videos on the Forum

Step 1:

1.Go to www.photobucket.com.
2.Click on the Register button
3.Enter a Username and Password for yourself
4.Fill in details then click on I accept.Sign me up.

Step 2:

1.Go to your email and open the new mail from Photobucket.Follow the link to register yourself as a user
2.You can now upload pictures

Step3:

1.Click on the browse button once you are in your Album
2.Your PC directory will appear
3.Select the picture you want to upload
4.Then click the Upload button
5.The same procedure is followed for videos

Step4:

1.In order to get the picture from Photobucket to the Forum look under the picture of interest
2.There are 3 options of which 2 are of real interest to this application
3.IMG CODE allows you to insert a picture into the post like this

4.URL LINK allows you to place a link to a picture like this

i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/chris33m...y/Tanganyikans/A.jpg

5.The same also goes for video clips
6.Copy the text from one of the boxes and paste it into the text box of your post
7.In some cases it will be neccessary to select/highlight the text and click on Img or Url and you should see these brackets if you have done it correctly

Text_Here.com

[img]Text_Here.com[/img]

Some useful things to know when posting pictures and videos
-Try to convert all pictures to JPEGS as they provide great quality but use very small amounts of memory which allows Photobucket to upload them very fast
-To do this open the picture using Paint and Re-Save it as a JPEG (Look at the size of the file before and afterwards to see the difference
)
-When shhoting video clips avoid one long clip and instead shoot short clips in quick succesion which allows you to upload video files alot faster

If anyone has a better way of doing this or any suggestions/improvements please feel free to add to this document as it is there to guide users and help them.

ChrisM.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2008 14:00 by darragh (Darragh Sherwin).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2007 10:52 #2 by Cynos (Cynos)
You can also use www.tinypic.com/ which you dont have to register for

See Tutorial below

Goto www.tinypic.com

paste the img code which you've copied into your post

Whoops should have really resized them 1st, will fix when I get home

More
14 Mar 2007 06:43 #3 by goldy (goldy .)
If it still doesnt work when you are posting your link or image to the forum under the box in the reply you must take the tick off "DISABLE BBCODE IN THIS POST"

I found this caused me great problems at the start. Dont know if it helps but it worked for me.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds