Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Suggestions

More
31 May 2006 05:20 #1 by monty (monty)
Suggestions was created by monty (monty)
For starters, I think the site is great and am delighted to have found it and to see the membership and activity grow. I like the idea that I can coverse and discuss with people, who while at the end of a broadband pipe, also seem so close and use the same shops as I do.

I know a few of these have been mentioned before - but my thoughts

1. The actual site address. I found the site by accident. If you actually search for 'irish tropical fish' under google a number of sites will direct you to what I assume is an old 'anglefire' address. In fact on the IFOCAS site they link to this redundant address too. Can this be addressed so people can find the site easier ?

2. Update of Web links - last time I checked some of them don't work so this needs a clearout. Would be interested in having links to the fish stores around. Maybe these stores would like to 'sponser' the link in some way but I wouldn't push it.

3. Profiles of fish. I can see that there are many different types of fish being kept by people. I've found out a lot on the internet regarding the different fish. - but sometimes 2 different articles will contradict one another. I'd like to see links to profiles and the ability for us to add in some information relating to our own experiences in keeping the fish.

4. Diseases- Similar to the profiles, links would help

5. Avatars - Please can I have my Discus back.

Monty

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds