Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

am i logged in or not

More
20 Aug 2012 14:13 #1 by john gannon (John Gannon)
i use my iphone for most of the stuff i do on the internet as if i want to use my laptop i would have had to knock it on a week ago for this [its that slow].anyway today i was on the site on the phone and went out of safari or what ever it is .Now i taught if im not connectected to the internet i couldnt be logged in here,so to my supprise when i came onto the site via a completelly different laptop (phone is dead)im logged in and looking at myself but cant post, i have to actually log in again to be myself.this is not a problem but am just curios.
thanks
john

IRISH TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY CLUB MEMBER

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2012 15:42 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic am i logged in or not
John,
It's due to you having such an aura, the poor phone/laptop combination is thinking that there are two of you!!!

Actually I don't know the answer, but thought I would have a vain attempt at being amusing (And it didn't work).

Can anyone help JohnG with constructive advice please?

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
20 Aug 2012 16:36 #3 by DJK (David Kinsella)
I'd suggest your previous session on the phone possibly timed out. Happens to me sometimes when I refresh the Forum after say an hour's inactivity and become logged out even though it says I'm logged in before the refresh. This is standard practice, a bit like Ryanair's site. :hammer:

Dave

More
20 Aug 2012 23:01 #4 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
John as Dave said it is just that it has timed out mate happens me all the time as i use my phone and laptop

Nothing to worry about most if not all sites do this that you have to log into

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds