Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Fish Compatibility Section

More
23 Jan 2013 23:56 - 24 Jan 2013 00:00 #31 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
New Sections on a Trail Basis

Tropical
www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/forum...-fish-compatibility-

Marine
www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/forum...hat-can-mix-together

Sean

Now they just have to be used :laugh:

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving
Last edit: 24 Jan 2013 00:00 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2013 00:15 #32 by Gilly (Sean GIllivan)
ive already started.... if all fails. at least i tried :-D

Life is as dear to the mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures.

More
24 Jan 2013 00:20 #33 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one Des had to correct on pronouncing cichlids i was saying chick-lids till Des put me right jeeezz i don't feel so stupid now.
jim

More
24 Jan 2013 00:30 #34 by des (des)

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one Des had to correct on pronouncing cichlids i was saying chick-lids till Des put me right jeeezz i don't feel so stupid now.
jim

HaHaHa
Brilliant
love it Jim
I used to say Kish-Lids Myself :crazy:
We All gotta start somewhere...
I've heard worse, Chillids, Chinchillids, Paranids, Maroon fish instead of Marine, ottocichlids, it goes on and on, I love it but if I had a penny for everytime I was asked "where's Nemo ?", I'd be a Rich Man !!!

Des

More
24 Jan 2013 00:37 - 24 Jan 2013 00:38 #35 by Gilly (Sean GIllivan)
haha its all fun and games until des decides to start reciting them by their scientific names jim, then its safe to say were both fu*ked

Life is as dear to the mute creature as it is to a man. Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as one wants to live and not to die, so do other creatures.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2013 00:38 by Gilly (Sean GIllivan). Reason: still cant spell haha

More
24 Jan 2013 00:45 #36 by des (des)

haha its all fun and games until des decides to start reciting them by their scientific names jim, then its safe to say were both fu*ked

HaHaHa
Brilliant

I love those ould latin names, so I do...

have to say, great craic on here tonight
some of the posts had Me in stitches, brilliant

long live the Forum

that's what it's all about, Passion & Banter :cool:

Des

More
24 Jan 2013 00:52 #37 by des (des)

+1 des
Where is the fish list for today des are you sure you have time for jokes lol :crazy:
jim

HaHaHa Jim
You're on the ball, I have it here beside Me, too much craic on here tonite, didn't get a chance to put up tonite

I'll put it tomorrow...

Des

More
24 Jan 2013 00:52 #38 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
Ah i just nod when he starts on Latin gobble-de-gook i have not yet conquered the English language yet so the Latin will have to wait. :crazy: I asked him to write out the common manes for anything i buy so i don't even have to remember them.
jim

More
24 Jan 2013 00:56 #39 by Gilly (Sean GIllivan)
haha serious laughs all round tonight. First night ive actually lost sleep over to just be having the laugh on this.

GREAT SUCCESS

More
24 Jan 2013 01:01 #40 by des (des)

Ah i just nod when he starts on Latin gobble-de-gook i have not yet conquered the English language yet so the Latin will have to wait. :crazy: I asked him to write out the common manes for anything i buy so i don't even have to remember them.
jim

oh deus meus

You are one lazy homo sapien !!!
:P

Des

More
24 Jan 2013 01:03 #41 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
O that's only the tip of the ice berg I'm glad this hobby is a solitary one because it means that there is no one around to witness some of the stupid things i have done when starting it actually makes me cringe now. lol
jim

More
24 Jan 2013 01:09 #42 by Gilly (Sean GIllivan)
Man i know i was a terrible fish keeper at the start. I used to clean the filter under the tap every week for my black moores... i used to put ice cubes into my goldfish 35 litre cause i thought his water was a bit warm.... i used to do 100 percent water changes.... i was the WORST fish keeper and so ill informed....

I went through more fish than hugh heffener

More
24 Jan 2013 01:09 - 24 Jan 2013 01:10 #43 by des (des)
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jan 2013 01:10 by des (des).

More
24 Jan 2013 01:13 #44 by Gilly (Sean GIllivan)
hahaha so good tonight is

More
24 Jan 2013 01:15 #45 by newbejkjimk (damien kelly)
LOl i bet every one has a confession or two but i bet we'll never hear about it way too cool to admit mistakes unlike myself of course.
jim

More
18 Apr 2013 19:00 #46 by bogman (Charles Coughlan)
Tropical Fish Guide, pocket edition by M.Stevens, updated again today

- Added new fish profiles: Columbian Tetra, Dwarf Rasbora, Freshwater Lionfish, Wasp Goby.
- Added new plant profile: Glossostigma elatinoides.
- Updated UI library.
- Restored list position after items are added to favourites.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...de.android.fishguide

More
18 Apr 2013 19:52 #47 by Wackoo (Niall)

Tropical Fish Guide, pocket edition by M.Stevens, updated again today

- Added new fish profiles: Columbian Tetra, Dwarf Rasbora, Freshwater Lionfish, Wasp Goby.
- Added new plant profile: Glossostigma elatinoides.
- Updated UI library.
- Restored list position after items are added to favourites.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...de.android.fishguide

Love that app!

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds