Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Tapatalk Mobile App For The Forum?

Poll: To use tapatalk app for our forum or not? (was ended 2014-01-03 00:00:00)

Yes
15 65.2%
No
8 34.8%
Total number of voters: 23
Only registered users can participate to this poll
More
03 Feb 2013 11:02 #1 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Before i go to Darragh and see if this would be ok to do on the forum, i would like to see if there is many that would even use it?

I have setup a poll so add your answer's there and other comments on the thread if you would like to add anything else,

This app can be used on iphone's or android smart phones i am not to sure if it is free on android smart phones but i do know it is not free on iphone, think it is about 2 euro or so

Thanks and looking forward to your comments

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2013 16:32 #2 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Just downloaded this app looks very good loads of other fish forums, dogs cats birds cars bikes you name it it's there!

Hopefully the powers at be will be able to get this done

Mark

More
03 Feb 2013 17:43 #3 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Just downloaded this app looks very good loads of other fish forums, dogs cats birds cars bikes you name it it's there!

Hopefully the powers at be will be able to get this done

Mark

Great app for all smart phones and it does not affect the main site so other users have nothing to worry about.
Everything is saved from tapatalk to the main site which is a added bonus for users

Something fishie going on here

More
05 Feb 2013 10:35 #4 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
very good idea. Mypalhs.com members is widely using it as many have smartphones and frequent the forums

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
05 Feb 2013 11:18 #5 by JohnH (John)
Ian,
Funny how things go around - I remember you asking for something like this an awfully long time ago!

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds