Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

nknown column 'requireReset' in 'where clause' SQL

More
04 Jul 2014 12:40 #1 by Darkslice (Stephen Walsh)

I cant seem to type anything , but lucky the Quote fucntion working, im getting this erro on Chrome

Unknown column 'requireReset' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT `id`,`username`,`password` FROM `titfs_users` WHERE `username` = 'Darkslice' AND `requireReset` = 0

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2014 14:14 - 04 Jul 2014 14:15 #2 by JohnH (John)
I can type OK, and there has been a subsequent post - made a couple of hours after your one - from Mike53, so I'm respectfully wondering if the problem is at your end.
Can you still not type?
John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2014 14:15 by JohnH (John). Reason: Amendment

More
04 Jul 2014 14:22 #3 by Darkslice (Stephen Walsh)

Im use to using Chrome, and it just starting happening today.
This is the first time i've used IE 8 for this site, but ya the "message filed is still greyed out - I can only type via the "Quote" button :(

More
04 Jul 2014 14:28 #4 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
I've been having the same issue accessing the main page for a few weeks now too.

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
04 Jul 2014 14:45 #5 by JohnH (John)

Im use to using Chrome, and it just starting happening today.
This is the first time i've used IE 8 for this site, but ya the "message filed is still greyed out - I can only type via the "Quote" button :(

For what it's worth I have been using Firefox almost since it first got started up and everything's fine on that.

I just looked in the Administrator's section and nothing is amiss there for you - it shows me that you are logged in and 'Active' so I'm rather at a loss to know what else is wrong.
Is anyone else having similar problems? (I have just noted your post LJ).
If you cannot post here could you (if you can access it) send me a message via the ITFS page on Facebook.
I'll direct these and other similar hiccups to Darragh for his admirable attention.

John

ITFS member.

More
04 Jul 2014 14:58 #6 by JohnH (John)
I had noted that Darragh was online here last night so he might have been working on the Forum - we went 'offair' for a while last night too - and we seem to have temporarily lost the PM function too since it was returned so - hopefully - it's a case of 'work in progress'.

John

ITFS member.

More
04 Jul 2014 15:46 - 04 Jul 2014 15:48 #7 by ABdarudeone (Mick)
Hi my google chrome works perfect , can't access the site from mozilla firefox which i always use ..
It tells me to report some error to site admin ??
Looks like I can type too..

**Neither a teacher nor a native speaker**
Last edit: 04 Jul 2014 15:48 by ABdarudeone (Mick).

More
04 Jul 2014 17:34 #8 by darragh (Darragh Sherwin)
That should be fixed now

Regards
Darragh

Time to create page: 0.047 seconds