Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

livebearer section

More
17 Aug 2007 00:14 #1 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
the majority of people starting (that i know) in tropical start with Patty's mollies and guppy's. So i was thinking why not have a live bearer section so it will encourage new fish keepers to continue fish keeping and while introducing them to the wide aspects of the hobby.<br><br>Post edited by: mwdragondk, at: 2007/08/17 01:14

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2007 00:34 #2 by richardbunn (Richard Bunn)
It'd also be good if we could build up a sort of species collection within hobbyists in the country like Viviparous do in the UK.

"Everything's going perfectly in my aquarium. What do I do???"

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Sep 2007 20:28 #3 by Anthony (Anthony)
Replied by Anthony (Anthony) on topic Re:livebearer section
Livebearers go in to Tropical fish section.
If there is a demand for a new section then I will set one up.

More
16 Sep 2007 20:35 #4 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
A livebearers section is an excellent idea. I think there would be demand enough Anthony.

Daragh

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Sep 2007 00:55 #5 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re:livebearer section
Take action yourselves lads.If you go and write articles about specific species there will be no option but to have sections for them.I intend on doing Mbuna,Tropheus, Im sure Mickey could do Livebearers,Daragh could do corys and cats,Anto could do shovels and Central and SA cichlids etc etc etc.When we have a collection of species articles we can create sections for them.

It would be better to have these separate to the forum.At the moment the articles section doesnt look very uniform or layered,but that can easily be sorted once we have articles.

The forum has been dead of late and could do with a serious injection of interesting reading material.

More
17 Sep 2007 01:03 #6 by Cillian (Cillian Murphy)
I think a livebearers section would be a good idea even if it was just a sub setcion in the general tropical fish section. There is a section for the different types of cichlids so why not?

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Sep 2007 09:36 #7 by Anthony (Anthony)
Replied by Anthony (Anthony) on topic Re:livebearer section
Livebearer section on the way.
I think Chris is right. The articles should be posted in the relevant sections.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds