Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Posting

• russell (russell)
  • russell (russell)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Nov 2007 21:40 #1 by russell (russell)
Posting was created by russell (russell)
Hi
Seem to be getting a prob posting. when I hit the submit the message dissapears. any help appreciated. but could be my end.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• russell (russell)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
22 Nov 2007 22:14 #2 by russell (russell)
Replied by russell (russell) on topic Re:Posting
Sorted. windows vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Nov 2007 09:17 #3 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re:Posting
russell wrote:

Sorted. windows vista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you still messing around with that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome back anyway. Thought your health probs stopped you from posting.
BTW, if you are looking for blue discus, visit Glen's new place he's got some real crackers

• connolly (connolly)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Dec 2007 20:44 #4 by connolly (connolly)
Replied by connolly (connolly) on topic Re:Posting
To the admin

The day after Anthony stepped down, I change my user name from Fr. Jack to Fr. Jack conclave a wait, since then I cannot log in if you go to \"contact us\" with the old design forum it show an email address, now if some one outside wants to contact the forum the admin, the only way is to join a again with a new user name, please change my name back to just Fr. Jack and PM my past word to my temporary user name which is Connolly and not to my usually user name as I cannot access the PM.

I only hope this was an accident as I never had any admin probs under Anthony reign as he is very liberal like my self.

Regards

sean

P:S Sorry I did not start his a s a new thread, I did not want to wast mega bits for a short one off post, thanks

• russell (russell)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Dec 2007 21:13 #5 by russell (russell)
Replied by russell (russell) on topic Re:Posting
Hi Sean
Hope you get back on line soon, missing your wit & charm. the forums need a boost and you are the man
Regards
Russ

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Dec 2007 23:45 #6 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re:Posting
Sean,

I sent you a PM.

Regards,
Valerie

More
28 Dec 2007 02:41 #7 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Connolly, Fr Jack, Google Discus etc.

I approved your latest username today and sent a message with it to email me as the email(s) you supplied with Googlediscus did not generate a response.

I changed your password on Googlediscus as you claimed other people were logging in and posting crap in your name, by the way those posts were deleted. You also posted teh password for that user name on the forum. I emailed you at your hotmail address to tell you your new password, but I did not hear anything from you, then I heard that the email address on googlediscus had changed three times in as many days.

Which account do you want re-activated?

More
28 Dec 2007 09:38 #8 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Replied by Sean (Fr. Jack) on topic Re:Posting
Mmeee thanks for changing Fr. Jack conclave a wait back to Fr. Jack, lets give the benifit of the doubt, this time, I do not how many admins you have now;) , but a lot of strange things have happened lately, first was the access codes for the private admin area, which only the admins only suppose read:laugh: (to have access to), I assume this code was given by accident to third parties:S , then all the odd stuff that was hidden was read, then Anthony steps down, then all this odd stuff with me, lets hope it was all human error.

Th only advise I give is if a beginner asks for advise, the some one post what they think is a good answer, perhaps churning out on line answers all day long, then some else quotes them and proves them wrong, well its only human nature that person will feel small, but the advise given is not to make the other poster deliberately feel small, it just another opinion, and if it ends up that the other opinion was better well thats good to the benifit of all readers especially the beginner as we want the right info given.

On a completely different non related note one of the member s keeps saying sorry about the spelling, then a few post latter says the same thing, `please can the admin take the initiative to send him the link Google spell check, its simple your write your post click on a top bar and google will high light all the spelling mistakes, it will give you options then you can send the post, I think it was Mikey was was hinting for it and no one helped him.

Any ways thanks for Valarie Daragh help lets leave it at that and not draw it out any more and start talking fish, we have JohnH back to so we are back to status Quo, lets hope every thing that happen is human error and not a moderator on the bottle.

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

More
28 Dec 2007 12:19 #9 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Fr Jack, unfortunately the Google Spell Check does not check your posts for grammar, logic or cohesion, most of the time I don't know what your on about :-)

More
28 Dec 2007 12:29 #10 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Replied by Sean (Fr. Jack) on topic Re:Posting
Daragh_Owens wrote:

Fr Jack, unfortunately the Google Spell Check does not check your posts for grammar, logic or cohesion, most of the time I don't know what your on about :-)

Yes I agree the spell check only helps with spelling mistakes, it does not help with any of the above, you laugh so I guess some of what I just said is nothing new to your ears, and is as close as we will every get to knowing why Anthony stepped down.

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

More
28 Dec 2007 12:43 #11 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Fr Jack, you have me again, I have no idea what any of this is to do with Anto resigning.

I assume your second paragraph is a reference to your reply reply to a newbie question on guppies, if so I didn't delete it, but I would have if I had seen it.

As to drawing it out, I have no idea of what \"it\" is.

Can we assume you will be sticking with \"Fr Jack\" for a while, using 5 or 6 usernames in as many days gets a bit confusing for anyone trying to follow a thread. You have my email address if you get yourself locked again.

More
28 Dec 2007 13:55 #12 by lampeye (lampeye)
Replied by lampeye (lampeye) on topic Re:Posting
i thought fr jack was always locked!!

lampeye

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds