Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Fr. Jack´s idea for more peace

More
21 Mar 2008 14:25 - 26 Mar 2008 20:54 #1 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
I have missed most of whats going on over the last few days, but I am familiar with the general over view in the long and mid tern of the politics on the forum.

I did not comment or respond to PaulM even the thao admin decided to suspend him, why not? Well its human nature when one has met another forum member not to attack them, when you have never met some one its much easier to have a sort of cyberform of road rage with them.

How can this be enhance?

Well if there is a kind of Freemasons inter meetings where \"one car load\" of never say 1, 2,or 3 go as guest to another club meetings then its virtually impossible to have a cyber fight after meeting them. Have you notice that between member of the same club they fight less, than between members of another club.....why because they know each other!

I live in the back of beyond's who can I go to another clubs meeting?
Well yes its not always possible if you live in Galway to go to Dublin
Its as simple as a photo

More than one time I have wanted to attack some think Tom has posted that I did not agree with, but I did nothing and ignore a comment that I would of not typically disagreed with why?

Another guy that employs Dave from the Trop Shop has his photo beside his name to, NOBODY has ever attacked either one....why both have the mug shoots.

THE PHOTO

Without even ever meeting some one, if you see there real photo (not a joke photo) then one gets automatic empathy for that person, its very very hard to make an aggressive attack on a person that you sort of know, the familiarity of the photo of the face is possible the key.;) Not everyone including my self would have the IT skills to take a 8Mega pixel photo and down scale it to a lower resolution to up load, perhaps it could be email to admin, so they can do it for the less IT abled member.

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!
Last edit: 26 Mar 2008 20:54 by (). Reason: Replaced text by "Dublin"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2008 14:37 #2 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Fr. Jack ITFS Logo wrote:

Its as simple as a photo

More than one time I have wanted to attack some think Tom has posted that I did not agree with, but I did nothing and ignore a comment that I would of not typically disagreed with why?

Another guy that employs Dave from the Trop Shop has his photo beside his name to, NOBODY has ever attacked either one....why both have the mug shoots.

THE PHOTO

Without even ever meeting some one, if you see there real photo (not a joke photo) then one gets automatic empathy for that person, its very very hard to make an aggressive attack on a person that you sort of know, the familiarity of the photo of the face is possible the key.;) Not everyone including my self would have the IT skills to take a 8Mega pixel photo and down scale it to a lower resolution to up load, perhaps it could be email to admin, so they can do it for the less IT abled member.

I agree, I suggested that before. I am a member of another forum where photos are required and peoples usernames are real. I think it does make a difference and there is less chance of keyboard-rage to another user.

More
24 Mar 2008 19:25 #3 by ronanphilip (Ronan Mc Manus)

Not everyone including my self would have the IT skills to take a 8Mega pixel photo and down scale it to a lower resolution to up load

you may find image resizer useful. heres the link to some instructions.
click here

you can download it from here (right hand side near the bottom of page)
click here

good luck

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds