Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Will not connect.

More
14 Nov 2008 18:30 #1 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
For the past two days i can't seem to get into my private messages and can't preview trends.
When i log into the forum my private messages just come up connecting and when i try to preview a trend it won't work but i cam submit.I don't know if it is a problem with the site my laptop or ntl.Some help please.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2008 18:35 #2 by Xeon (ioan micu)
I had the same problem when I was trying to connect from my phone, but only if i've been already logged in on my laptop. Once I logged out everything went back to normal

More
14 Nov 2008 18:36 #3 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Will log out and see if that helps.

More
14 Nov 2008 18:58 - 14 Nov 2008 19:01 #4 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
If that dos'nt work try restarting your computer
Last edit: 14 Nov 2008 19:01 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran).

More
14 Nov 2008 19:34 #5 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
I logged out and no joy so i will give a power down a go.

More
14 Nov 2008 19:51 #6 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Well the restart did not work any other thoughts.It was working fine a few days ago and for no reason it is acting up now.very strange.

More
14 Nov 2008 21:32 #7 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
Orca wrote:

Well the restart did not work any other thoughts.It was working fine a few days ago and for no reason it is acting up now.very strange.

Delete cookies
Update your anti virus
Do a windows update
Do a full system scan
Check hard drive C for available space
Defrag drive C if needed
Delete any unwanted programs
Clean computer

Let us know how you get on.

LB

More
14 Nov 2008 21:45 #8 by duzzy1 (Martin Kennedy)
its gotta have somethin to do with the private data stored in your browser options ( passwords etc )

More
16 Nov 2008 17:37 #9 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Hi all
After six hours running full system scans,defrag of all drives and deleting unwanted programs i had no joy.I was so lost and then found that my gmail was acting up and then got to thinking it had to be firefox.I uninstalled and then reinstalled firefox did a power down
and restart and all working fine now.Is there anyone who might have had the same problem.

More
16 Nov 2008 20:38 #10 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
good to hear you got sorted

More
16 Nov 2008 21:43 #11 by duzzy1 (Martin Kennedy)
knew it had to be your browser ...

More
16 Nov 2008 22:02 #12 by Orca (Eoin Walsh)
Thanks for all the help.I will not forget about the browser if things stop working again.
The pain of all the other things i did.My god!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
18 Nov 2008 22:13 #13 by LimerickBandit (Donal Doran)
@ Admin whats up with the forum cant get in anywhere

More
18 Nov 2008 23:13 #14 by Johnmorrin (John Morrin)
Im getting random errors all day too , on both my desktop and laptop when trying to view pages.

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2008 23:34 #15 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Database Error Problem
Hi - Just to let you know that there is a problem with the forum database.
We hope the site will be back up shortly.
Thank you for your patience.
Valerie

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds