Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Mobile Version of forum?

More
21 Jun 2009 14:36 #1 by seanmchugh (Sean Mc Hugh)
Seem to be spending more and more time on the internet using my mobile phone rather then on a computer. Anyone have plans to make a mobile friendly version of the site?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2009 15:17 #2 by Xeon (ioan micu)
whould be a great ideea. I think 90% of the time i'm using my phone to chek the site.

More
22 Jun 2009 00:41 #3 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
I have never used the web facility on my phone I wouldn't know how, but thanks to Xeon and Demitri for the use of theirs at the show, it was very handy for looking up something on the FBAS site.

Personally I don't know what is involved in creating a mobile version, but you never know what Darragh has up his sleeve.

Daragh

More
22 Jun 2009 09:03 #4 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
i'd like to see this occur too as i do a lot of browsing on the site by mobile phone... hey all the better to see whats happening

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
22 Jun 2009 09:50 #5 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
I pretty much used my Iphone in browsing the ITFS and it looks the same as I browse in my desktop/laptop - you just have to magnify everything and its all user friendly to me.

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
29 Nov 2009 04:55 #6 by ronanphilip (Ronan Mc Manus)
mobile version would be great, as the site seems to be joomla based? there are some options you could look at

pda plugin in which i was experimenting with but is now listed as "THE PLUGIN IS OBSOLET"
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/mobile/3313

Soon the component Kuneri Mobile Joomla www.mobilejoomla.com/ will be released. Might be wort a look when its available.

there are also some other ones out there.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds