Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

messaging

More
02 Jun 2010 01:37 - 02 Jun 2010 02:33 #1 by dar (darren curry)
messaging was created by dar (darren curry)
this is just a suggestion, i find wen i pm a member they can be online for ages before they notice it, and the same goes for me, i do sometimes have a message there for a bit, which brings me to a conclussion, i always focus on the right for new posts, so could it be possible to swap the "login: hi darren/member" to the left and put the pms to the right? again this is just a suggestion and might not be of importance as it might not bother all members

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic
Last edit: 02 Jun 2010 02:33 by dar (darren curry).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2010 10:25 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Re:messaging
While it can be annoying to not notice the little envelope in the right hand corner eventually you will find eyes straying there almost subconsciously.
It's around that time you come to realise you have become 'addicted' and at that point you suddenly come to the realisation that there's 'no hope' for you - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

;o)

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
02 Jun 2010 12:13 #3 by Ma (mm mm)
Replied by Ma (mm mm) on topic Re:messaging
Ahhh slave to mail, so familiar to me until made redundant.

Darren, I got my gmail on me phone, when I get a pm or any other email my phone goes "Bong":) Quite helpful as I don't wat to leave my laptop on all day.

Oh dear, just threw away the excuse "I didn't realise there was a PM for me". Darn it.

Mark

Location D.11

More
03 Jun 2010 00:01 #4 by Puddlefish (Colin McCourt)
IMPORTANT: This message is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social fauxpas. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the mutt next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.

More
03 Jun 2010 09:41 #5 by Gerry The Chip (Gerard)
I dont think id like my phone going BONG all day long, i once had 50 emails from this site because i wasn't on it a whole 24 hours ha, jus think of how full John's inbox is hahaha

More
03 Jun 2010 10:10 #6 by Ma (mm mm)
Replied by Ma (mm mm) on topic Re:messaging
Gerry it's different from being in the office with gd Outlook going ding ding ding ding.. ding ding.. ding.. ding
Makes me feel like I still have a job:laugh:

Though I have managed to fill most of my spare time with fishtivities these days.

Just click refresh anyways you lazy sods. Darren must have a 400" screen so it's hard to get a view of both sides of the forum without wrenchin his neck:)

Mark

Location D.11

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds