Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

a couple of ideas!

More
23 Jun 2010 16:24 #1 by convict84 (sean farrell)
what would you think of a couple of stickys such as,fish you want,it will give the lfs a idea as what is selling ect and a breeders section where you would have your spawns,fry swaps ect,your fish houses/rooms ect...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2010 20:06 #2 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
I suggested a breeders section a while back and it was shot down as apparently some users do not like giving out addresses or info like that.. but i would still like to see it happen, especially if people breeding are looking to pass on their fish to others who know how to look after fish on the forum or have something unusual breeding that others may be interested in.

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
23 Jun 2010 22:10 #3 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
second that motion lads.......

Follow me up to Carlow

More
23 Jun 2010 23:05 #4 by mossy (gavin blanchfield)
good idea mate

• Alex (Alex)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Jun 2010 23:28 #5 by Alex (Alex)
Replied by Alex (Alex) on topic Re:a couple of ideas!
I think a breeders section would be great.... No address required.. Maybe just a county and PM for more info.:)

More
23 Jun 2010 23:32 #6 by Gerry The Chip (Gerard)
I too think a breeders section would be great, but i suppose that would take customers away from the sponsers. Gerry

More
24 Jun 2010 00:55 #7 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
i think thats a great idea
bring something new to the forum..

Mark

More
24 Jun 2010 09:42 #8 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Great idea Sean, some of the things people here have bred a amazing and I think a dedicated section might encourage them to give more detailed accounts of their adventures...bring it on.

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

More
24 Jun 2010 11:34 #9 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
now dont get me wrong some sponsors are great and we wouldnt be able to get half the amazing fish we keep but correct me if im wrong is this site not about fish keeping in ireland and how we share experience s and me my self seek advice and help like most others do so a breeders section would be a amazing idea. and i have to say i dont think a second thought should be givin to the sponsors when thinking about this matter as it would be intresting, exciteing,and also a great place for tips on how to breed certain types of fish or feed the fry s or to exchange some juvi fish for a type of other juvi fish you've never kept before .and this would only be a positive move.well thats my opinion on the matter

ps.sponsors no disrespect yous are all really great shops and i love doing my weekend run from shop to shop and regardless of a breeding section or swap shop type thing i will continue to venture out to your shops

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
24 Jun 2010 19:46 #10 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
no ones trying to out do sponsors, but certain species which are hard to get could be available to people by private breeder which is my point, hell i love my lfs's

More
24 Jun 2010 20:20 #11 by Gerry The Chip (Gerard)
There seems to be alot of us looking for this to happen who gives us the go ahead or not??
Gerry

More
24 Jun 2010 20:27 #12 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
The mods but they are missing lol

More
24 Jun 2010 20:35 #13 by dar (darren curry)
Gerry The Chip wrote:

There seems to be alot of us looking for this to happen who gives us the go ahead or not??
Gerry

that would be me, eh i'l get back to you

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds