Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

for sale section

More
30 Apr 2011 10:33 - 30 Apr 2011 10:35 #1 by dar (darren curry)
would it be possible to make the for sale section like a form that has "required fields" so the seller has to put the location or it wont post

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic
Last edit: 30 Apr 2011 10:35 by dar (darren curry). Reason: i put in "section" and amended an incorrect spelling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2011 11:07 #2 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
A template as such.

More
30 Apr 2011 16:57 #3 by andrewo (andrew)
Its strange how people leave out the most important info when they are trying to sell something.

More
30 Apr 2011 18:10 - 30 Apr 2011 18:11 #4 by dar (darren curry)
it is mostly new folk or just a slip of the mind. aggravating? yes forgivable? no. ah i am only messing it is a pain but it is understandable they dont know the system. the most recent posts in the wrong section has caused even well seasoned members to make that mistake for some reason. but yeah a required field would be a good option or just fill out your location when registering, mind you when i went to edit my signature it would not let me finish till i entered my location. mods is this new and was it designed for this very purpose?

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic
Last edit: 30 Apr 2011 18:11 by dar (darren curry).

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Apr 2011 19:19 #5 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re: for sale section
While it's an excellent idea, I'm afraid that this doesn't seem to be possible. We'll have to rely on both the posters to read the rules on the section's stickies and you, Dar, to chase up on the posters who do not abide to these rules. ;)

Note : The location field is compulsory upon registration. It might not have been in the previous version of this forum but will prompt you upon editing your profile.

Valerie :)

More
01 May 2011 00:24 #6 by DJK (David Kinsella)
I think if certain members read the thread titles and observe the profiles of members properly this discussion would not exist.

Ps. There's alot of confusion between postal codes for Dundrum. Some parts are D.14 while other parts are considered D.16. God help the non-Dubs!

Dave

• Valerie (Valerie)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 09:04 #7 by Valerie (Valerie)
Replied by Valerie (Valerie) on topic Re: for sale section
Hi all,

You might have noticed that I have summarised the rules into 1 sticky in this particular section, making it clearer for people/new users and insisting on the location. :)

Also, I have changed the configuration of the forum so that the location declared at registration (or profile editing) time is reflected in the profile sidebar in full words rather than hidden behind a little icon.

I hope this helps.
Valerie :)

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 May 2011 09:59 #8 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re: for sale section
I find I make the mistake when ( I use an iPad, iPhone or Ideapad ) the battery is ready to die, I have, unintentionally rushed to post without thinking. I think there should be a last dialogue box asking if the correct section for the post has been chosen and it requires a tick before you can proceed.

Kev.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds