Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

New life fish foods.

More
31 Mar 2007 02:24 #1 by Gavin (Gavin)
just interested in some feed back if you have been using it?

Cheers G.

dont make me come over there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2007 08:45 #2 by cathaloc2 (cathaloc2)
my fish go crazy for it.i dont use any other product.only bad thing is it makes ur water look dirty,but after awhile its all good.

o'connor

More
31 Mar 2007 09:01 #3 by lampeye (lampeye)
my fish go mad for it aswell...thumbs up

lampeye

More
31 Mar 2007 09:51 #4 by Gavin (Gavin)

my fish go crazy for it.i dont use any other product.only bad thing is it makes ur water look dirty,but after awhile its all good.

if thats happening youre probably feeding too much.the protein content is very high so you don't need to feed in the same amounts as other foods.

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Mar 2007 10:05 #5 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Replied by ChrisM (ChrisM) on topic Re: New life fish foods.
I have been using it for about 3 years now.I use the All Purpose Formula.I get 2.27KG tubs for $55 in America.I have never seen it cloud up water and I feed huge amounts (small pellets) to my cichlids.My Tropheus and Malawis love it,it keeps them in great condition.

More
31 Mar 2007 10:24 #6 by Gavin (Gavin)
the cloudy water comment is fairly common though.usually from people over feeding or poor filtration.

More
31 Mar 2007 10:30 #7 by burkey87 (burkey87)
I started using the 1mm cichlid formula for my shell-dwellers a week ago. At first they wern't to keen but now they seem to love it.

More
31 Mar 2007 10:47 #8 by Gavin (Gavin)
again something I've been hearing.I guess changing any food for fish (dry stuff particularly) is a bit weird for them.

• Anthony (Anthony)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Mar 2007 15:46 #9 by Anthony (Anthony)
Replied by Anthony (Anthony) on topic Re: New life fish foods.
I use it and I find it excellent.
Its way cleaner than Dorimin. I never had a dirty tank from it. When all my other food is gone I will only be using it in the future.

More
31 Mar 2007 17:08 #10 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Excellent results so far. Need some more, may get in tomorrow.

Daragh

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Mar 2007 17:48 #11 by ChrisM (ChrisM)

I have been using it for about 3 years now.I use the All Purpose Formula.I get 2.27KG tubs for $55 in America.I have never seen it cloud up water and I feed huge amounts (small pellets) to my cichlids.My Tropheus and Malawis love it,it keeps them in great condition.

I was just informed this stuff (1mm pellets) retails at €8 for 80g which works out at €227 for 2270G or 2.27KG.This stuff is seriously overpriced in Ireland.When will it end?I am not blaming a particular FS or importer,I am just talking about this country in general.No matter if it is more expensive here I strongly recommend it.

More
01 Apr 2007 02:32 #12 by zale (Mark carroll)
Where can I get some of this stuff, online would be the handiest & cheapest by the sounds of things.

Mark

More
01 Apr 2007 05:34 #13 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
I'm using spectrum thera+A, spectrum grow and spectrum ExLg. formula.
They all get the thumbs up from me.
Even some of the more finicky eaters will eat it.

More
01 Apr 2007 09:15 #14 by essjay (S Jackson)
cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Life-Spectrum-Cichlid...eZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

£46 on eBay for the 2.27Kg Cichlid Mix

Even better

cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Life-Spectrum-Cichlid...eZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

€47 including shipping from the States

More
01 Apr 2007 10:14 #15 by essjay (S Jackson)

Just out of curiosity Chris, how come you use the all purpose mix rather than the cichlid one?

• ChrisM (ChrisM)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Apr 2007 10:29 #16 by ChrisM (ChrisM)
Thre is very little difference between the 2.I only use it as an additional feed as opposed to a main staple feed.Therefore it isnt too important that it be cichlid specific food.I alternate between this and colour enhancing flake with spirulina being the main food for my malawis and tropheus.

More
01 Apr 2007 13:39 #17 by sparky (sparky)
Between me and the brother. we're using the New Life community formula in two tanks, one's a brackish tank, the other's a freshwater tank. and all of the fish seem to love it, cant get enough of the stuff! it really brings out their colours. good stuff all round!

"Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot"

More
02 Apr 2007 12:44 #18 by Alan86 (Alan86)
Tis Great stuff alright!...all my fish go mad for it, nd anything that hits the floor is soon hovered up by my plecs!:D

The money was just resting in my Account!

More
13 Apr 2007 05:58 #19 by essjay (S Jackson)
Quick update. Bought the Cichlid Mix from eBay on the 1st April and it arrived today. Fish love it - never seen them go for other food this way, not even the frozen stuff.

Think it cost me €56 including shipping for the 2.27Kg bucket. Worth every penny. In fairness not much for more than a years supply of food....

A link if anyone is interested:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Life-Spectrum-Cichlid...ZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds