Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Eheim External Filter Professionel II Special 2026

More
05 Jul 2008 16:43 #1 by BJHillson (Brett Hillson)
Fantastic Filter
Good size fits great under my tank (48/15/12inches tank), the flow is great and the build quality is flawless, I use to have a fluval 405 before hand and had alot of issues this these, I thought I would try a Eheim as everyone seems to recomend them and I see why.

I have now had this running since March and still loving it,
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2008 18:17 #2 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
I have a couple of Tetratec 1200's and over a dozen Eheims, Classic, Ecco, Pro and Wet n' Dry. I would favour any of them over the fluvals I have any day.

More
05 Jul 2008 18:59 #3 by BJHillson (Brett Hillson)
Dont get me started over the Fluvals, I have had 2 over the last 5 years and im supprised I kept them that long all the leaking they did. final straw was the 1/2 empty fish tank when I got in from work after a power cut made it leak!

More
06 Jul 2008 15:37 #4 by AndyT (Andy Taylor)
i received by 2026 from Aquatics Online yesterday. Haven't set it up yet but it looks like a solid bit of kit alright.

I think I might drill out the holes in the spray bar a little bit larger before I install it. They look a little under-sized.

170L Bowfront Community Tank : Heavily planted : CO2 : T5 lighting

More
06 Jul 2008 16:24 #5 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
AndyT wrote:

I think I might drill out the holes in the spray bar a little bit larger before I install it. They look a little under-sized.

Try it first, they may be perfect, it is an easy job to dissconnect the spray bar afterwards and drill them out if needed.

More
06 Jul 2008 17:30 #6 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
I have a 2026 no need to drill out the holes there a great flow through them as is, and your right its a solid filter, wouldn't swap it
Seamus

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
06 Jul 2008 18:06 #7 by BJHillson (Brett Hillson)
Correct, dont drill out the holes the flow is perfect, the only thing I wouldnt mind is a longer sheppards crock for the spray bar.

More
07 Jul 2008 07:53 #8 by AndyT (Andy Taylor)
Grand job, I'll leave it alone so!. Hopefully i'll be able to get it set-up next weekend.

170L Bowfront Community Tank : Heavily planted : CO2 : T5 lighting

More
07 Jul 2008 16:23 #9 by essjay (S Jackson)
Good stuff. Ordered the thermo version of it last week, the 2126. It's going to run alongside my Eheim 2329 on my Rio 400. Finally going to get rid of that internal filter.

Hope it arrives this week.

More
13 Jul 2008 18:26 #10 by komalley (K OM)
Hi,

I have an Eheim 2229 on my 200l tank. Are u running urs as wet/dry or as a normal external filter? Am struggling to see the benefits of a wet/dry filter. Any advice wud be appreciated. rgds kom

More
13 Jul 2008 20:44 #11 by BJHillson (Brett Hillson)
my 2026 is just an External, have never used a wet and dry but have heard good things about them, sorry cant help anymore

More
14 Jul 2008 02:27 #12 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
The main advantage of the wet and dry aspect is that it allows more o2 to your media which increases the efficency of the biological bacteria increasing their effectiveness by up to a reported 70% making them highly effective at reducing nitrates and ammonia in the tank
Seamus

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds