Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Tetratec ex 2400

More
13 May 2010 21:22 #1 by bull (keith madden)
I have one of these filters running on my tank in my sitting room and find it very noisy just wondering if anyone else had similiar problems or do I just have a faulty one. Also if anyone had a tetratec ex 1200, just wondering what you think and are they noisy because i need a very quiet filter as its in my sitting room.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 May 2010 21:28 #2 by gerryberry (Jeff Daly)
Had 2 of these running on my old tank and similar to you noise is just not allowed in the sitting room, after all the wife has to listen to all the scandal on eastenders, fair city and all the other crap soaps that does be on the box:P

They were pretty much silent a very slight hum but nothing to get the boss in a huff, i had them on a juwel 240 so they were in the bottom of the cabinet behind the doors

More
13 May 2010 21:34 #3 by bull (keith madden)
sorry gerryberry was that the 2400 or the 1200

More
13 May 2010 21:43 #4 by CJackson (Frank Farrell)
I hadn't even heard of the 2400, are they new or am I living under a rock?

I found with the smaller tetratec (ex 700) that they are noisy if air gets trapped and giving it a shake can help - can't imagine that's too easy with a 1200 or a 2400.

More
13 May 2010 22:10 #5 by Acara (Dave Walters)
I have a 1200 and a 700 in my lounge,there is absolutely NO noise from them.
How long is it running? Have you checked the usual suspects,impeller,etc?

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
13 May 2010 22:20 #6 by bull (keith madden)
I have it running since last august everything is clean and checked, it could be just naturally noisy but I think I'm going to get the 1200 version, everyone I've talked to says there silent.

More
13 May 2010 22:24 #7 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Personally,I'd go for 2 1200's instead of a 2400,for many reasons.Theres a much higher rating on 2,but uses a lot less electricity(cant recall wattages off top of head).Plus if one goes,or you clean one,still have the other running at full steam.

More
13 May 2010 22:39 #8 by bull (keith madden)
Thanks very much for the advice I have it running on a 240 litre tank so I'd say I'd get away with one because I have an fluval internal on it aswell again thanks very much. Do you know the best place to get one?

More
13 May 2010 22:45 #9 by Acara (Dave Walters)
Aquatic Village had good deals last time I was there,details in sponsors section.

More
13 May 2010 22:51 #10 by bull (keith madden)
Thanks once again

More
13 May 2010 23:00 #11 by Ma (mm mm)
Replied by Ma (mm mm) on topic Re:Tetratec ex 2400
I find the Tetratecs noisy when there is an air pocket, otherwise, have 2 1200s in my living troom. Not silent but very quiet. The spray bars:) thats another matter.

Mark

Location D.11

More
14 May 2010 07:17 #12 by gerryberry (Jeff Daly)
bull wrote:

sorry gerryberry was that the 2400 or the 1200

That was 2 ex1200 filters, as one of the lads said Aquatic village is probably you best bet on price.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds