Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

JBL e900 external filter

More
11 Jun 2010 21:17 #1 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
Hi guys

I got the e900 about a week ago and it is amazing it makes no noise unless you put you ear actually on the filter itself. My water has never been more clean. JBL equiment is a hell of a lot cheaper and works a treat truley an amazing filter.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2010 21:39 #2 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
I would agree. I have the e1500 and it's superb.

Regards,

Ken.

More
12 Jun 2010 12:02 #3 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
Second that motion, jbl e900 works not a bother for me and only 57 euro............sweet.........:) :)

Follow me up to Carlow

More
12 Jun 2010 18:00 #4 by Gerry The Chip (Gerard)
Yeah i was looking at these a while back i was going to remove my internal filter on my rio 180, 57 is a really good price did you get it on zooplus?
Gerry

More
12 Jun 2010 18:32 #5 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
yep......

Follow me up to Carlow

More
28 Jun 2010 18:50 #6 by glossy (Robert Gloster)
Mine has stared acting up. I got the e900 about 5 weeks ago. In the last week it sounds very noisy, its as if there is air in it but whatever I try it keeps rattling. Water flow is good. No air coming from the spray bar, totally lost as to what it could be. Any Ideas?
I miss my silent e900.

More
29 Jun 2010 15:20 #7 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
sorry i have no idea what could cause that you could try removing the ceramic rings plug it in again and see if its them rattling if it is just buy some more and pack it up could just be a few rings short and them moving is the problem if that doesnt work contact whoever you bought it off it should be under a warrenty of some sort

More
29 Jun 2010 15:25 #8 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
This happened to me every time i did a filter cleanout, but the air eventually pushed itself out of the filter, as r2potat2 said remove the media and when u put it back together move the filter from side to side and push the manual syphon button on it as well, good luck

Mick............B)

Follow me up to Carlow

More
29 Jun 2010 16:47 #9 by glossy (Robert Gloster)
Thanks for the suggestions. Gave them a try , but no luck. Last option I think is to get onto Zooplus and try get them to replace it.

More
29 Jun 2010 19:47 #10 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Get onto Zooplus and see how you get on. As always, the advantage of buying in the sponsors is literally popping down to them with the filter and explaining it etc..
But yeah the price is sweet too!

Gavin

More
29 Jun 2010 22:17 #11 by Denis (Denis Goulding)
Am i right in guessing that zooplus is online only.. Just i dont like fragile items like filters being sent through the post.
Regards,
Denis

More
29 Jun 2010 22:31 #12 by dar (darren curry)
is that not a zoo plus at the stadium Denis

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

More
01 Jul 2010 22:06 #13 by Denis (Denis Goulding)
will see tomorrow, its called something else i think???

More
02 Jul 2010 22:07 #14 by Denis (Denis Goulding)
the shop at the stadium is zooland,, not zooplus................

More
02 Jul 2010 22:20 #15 by dar (darren curry)
aaaahh....close, but close never won jack

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

More
03 Jul 2010 12:23 #16 by gerryberry (Jeff Daly)
As far as i know zooplus is online only, i bought a few filters previously off them with no damage on arrival. I had a few issues with the tetratec fault hose pipe adaptors but got them changed but as someone else stated its a big hassle returning parts as it takes a few weeks, nothing like going straight back to your lfs and getting a new one.
One a good note i got a free ex1200 of them as when they came to collect the faulty 2 ex1200 they only took 1 so happy days when my 2 new ones arrived.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds