Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Where to get a Siphon Starter Bulb

More
25 Feb 2011 13:29 #1 by PompeyBill (Killian Walshe)
Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you knew where I could get a siphon starter bulb on the internet or in Dublin? I have a Fluval 155 which is a deep tank but not very wide. With the bracket the holds the light unit it is hard to get the siphon (it is a long siphon to enable me to get down to the bottom) into the back portion of the tank and even harder to get it started by pumping up and down.

I came across these bulbs on the t'internet - you squeeze them a few times to get the siphon going - but the few UK sites I have come across don't ship to Ireland or I have not used them before so not sure to trust them. Would these have another name that I could google to maybe get more responses, or would the be used in any other hobby/profession that might make them easier to source?

Any help would be great! Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2011 18:13 #2 by DJK (David Kinsella)

I've one here which may be suitable that I don't use anymore. It's from the Algarde syphoning set. You can have it, no probs.

Dave
Attachments:

More
09 Mar 2011 14:02 #3 by PompeyBill (Killian Walshe)
Thanks for the offer Dave! Sorry only replying now, have had some issues with the web at home. I think I have come across another solution but if it does not work out I will PM you. Thanks again.;)

More
09 Mar 2011 14:06 #4 by dar (darren curry)
woodies sell a bigish syphon (18inch) with bulb for 4 quid or so i bought one not to long ago.

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds