Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

This is typical of Ronaldo

More
03 May 2009 10:02 #1 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Cristiano Ronaldo has delivered Manchester United a huge boost by declaring a move to Real Madrid is no longer in his thoughts.

I guess this is because they where brushed aside by Barcelona 6-2 at home

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2009 15:01 #2 by amdaley (Tony Daly)
Maybe he would fancy Barcelona instead.

More
03 May 2009 21:52 #3 by pkearney (Phil Kearney)
or maybe man city!

More
04 May 2009 17:17 #4 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
if he does go it'd be a big mistake but as long as we get ribery as a replacement i dont mind:cheer:

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

More
04 May 2009 21:22 #5 by alkiely (alan kiely)
SB87 wrote:

if he does go it'd be a big mistake but as long as we get ribery as a replacement i dont mind:cheer:

Yeah Ribery wants out wouldnt mind him, think chelsea scum will be after him dough.

Alan

More
05 May 2009 14:52 #6 by PetCoLongMileRoad (Drew Latimer)
he's made one mistake by joining bayern munich dont think he'll do it again i reckon he'd choose united over any other team in the premier league apart from that i dont think we need to sign anybody else apart from tevez

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

More
05 May 2009 15:07 #7 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Yeah that never made sense to me why go to bayern in the first place.......? Dont think we will sign tevez and it will be the biggest mistake since zidane, sure was reading earlier a 60m bid was made if ronaldo goes.

Alan

More
05 May 2009 15:24 #8 by Declan g (Declan glynn)
hey alan no need for the chelsea SCUM comments

More
05 May 2009 15:26 #9 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Declan g wrote:

hey alan no need for the chelsea SCUM comments

SORRY FORCE OF HABBIT:P

Yeah liked chelsea per russian money, but would pich chelsea over liverpool any day

More
05 May 2009 15:30 #10 by Declan g (Declan glynn)
thats because as a manc you hate the pool more than anyone
bet you were cheering for the blues when they played the pool in the last round??????? typical united:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
05 May 2009 15:35 #11 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Yeah deep down i guess i wanted chelsea to win but beating liverpool in the final of the champions league would be the greatest moment in man utd history anything to get one over on them anything

More
05 May 2009 16:33 #12 by pkearney (Phil Kearney)
hey you guys man u and chelsea have proved that you can buy success.
so make way for the richest team in the world.man city are on the way yessssss.
phil.

More
05 May 2009 17:22 #13 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Wishfull thinking Phil :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You need a good manager and players who want to play for the team ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Alan

More
11 Jun 2009 10:24 #14 by alkiely (alan kiely)
And 93 million euro later and he is gone. its nuts 93million euro for one player

More
11 Jun 2009 12:17 #15 by stevieg (ALAN FLYNN)
good riddance

More
11 Jun 2009 12:21 #16 by alkiely (alan kiely)
Thats it good bye....... bet he will do his knee in ha ha

More
11 Jun 2009 22:45 #17 by curefan (Dave Massey)
pkearney wrote:

hey you guys man u and chelsea have proved that you can buy success.
so make way for the richest team in the world.man city are on the way yessssss.
phil.

Dont forget Blackburn Rovers!! "blue 'n white only"!!!!!

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds